Quick Unbiased BREEZE Review 1/10-1/16

golfusaofcs

My family and I just returned from a 6 day cruise on the Breeze. I wanted to share my unbiased opinion, as I am not married to any particular CL> As of this moment, I wouldn't hesitate to cruise any of the major lines, however some specific trends are emerging. My review may seem different, as I just wanted to point out some of my thoughts. It will come across scattered, I apologize for that!!

A bit about myself, I am 34, DW 33, DS almost 4. My son has had a pretty good start to his cruising life, as this was his 4th cruise in 4 years. This was the first one where he could identify that he was on a "Boat" . I am in retail sales, however as a side hobby I do some outside travel agent work just to help my friends make the right choice with regards to cruising.

The ship:

We really enjoyed the ship, there is a certain sense of island feel that it lets off. There is no typical marble, granite, chrome, neon, or typical wood, but it all works.

I have been traveling on Carnival since I was 5 and it does appear that the general layout of there ships has been tweaked over the years as opposed to being a total game changer. After sailing on the Oasis of the Seas, Which my wife holds on a completely different level, and the NCL Getaway, which my wife did not like, I was surprised how much she enjoyed the ship. It just felt comfortable! We had a mid ship Ocean Suite which worked out perfectly. We do notice however that Carnival does not really offer any frills for suites and the room decor is pretty basic.

My Son enjoyed the kids slides, we loved the Dive in Movies!! All of the lunch options outside of the buffet were great!! I can honestly say that they have the best pizza at sea!!

We ate in Fahrenheit 555 2 nights, Cucina 2 Nights, the dining room 1 night, and a combo of Red Frog, and Bonsai Sushi the other night.

We were only able to see the Welcome Aboard show, WEE Jimmy is very funny! Rich Purpura, Which we saw him 5 years ago on the NCL Sky. We didn't get a chance to see any of the Play List Production shows. The Thrill Theatre was awesome as well.

So ok, Here's where The Breeze Missed the Boat.

The Service was hit or miss. I don't just mean we didn't get things we asked for, it just means the crew overall did not seem pleased to be working on the ship. I am in the service industry, I will always give the benefit of the doubt, however an are of opportunity would be to help the crew put some smiles on there faces. I wouldn't say that the whole crew was unhappy just unfortunately the vast majority. We did have some bright spots, Agus our Room Attendant in 7365 was great, Luis in Fahrenheit was awesome as well the wait staff in Cucina. The Spa staff was happy and helpful. My wife and I just got the general felling that they were doing us a favor by doing there job. Everything was "Let me check" No going above and beyond which certainly felt different then the previous 3 cruises. I would say if we had to rank the service it would have to be,

Celebrity Silhouette

NCL Getaway

Oasis of the Seas

Carnival Breeze However service wasn't even close to as good as the Oasis.

Now I know there are a lot of die hards on here. So flame away, however like I mentioned above and based off my signature, we are not attached to any line.

There are also a lot of other missed that I would be happy to elaborate on. However I don't want to turn this into a complaint session, but ask away!!

Would we go on Carnival Again?? Absolutely we had a great time!! We are looking forward to the Vista! We just hope the service issues was an isolated incident.

thanks for your feedback. Myself and daughter went on the Oasis last year and I was slightly worried about adapting to the difference between the 2 ships.

The Oasis boat was beautiful and service was fantastic except for a few people at the pizza station. I'm hoping this boat offers a lot of kid activities that will win the heart of my daughter.

We are sailing in April this year.. :) How satisfied were you with the amount of food for kids? Silly question but any idea where if other than the MDR serves pancakes for breakfast.. she is a non-egg eater.

The food for kids was fine. My son is going through a nice phase of eating pizza and French fries. I would say it would be nice to have fries in the buffet line not only at guys burgers as the lines can get long. On another note the eggs Benedict were horrible with the baked on hollandaise