Children under 6 months

cheerldrmom

I am a pedi, and absolutely NOT. Not only is there the concern of infectious diseases and lack of pediatric emergent care (i don't even send my patients to non pediatric ERs! They are NOT little adults!), what is the ship sinks? What if there's an issue like Triumph had a couple of years ago? Nope,

Nope. Nope.

We didn't take our youngest on a cruise until last year, when she was 3+ and potty trained! (And had an overly prepared pediatrician Mom along too!)

Thank you for your response. I truly wondered about the safely of exposing a young infant to the hordes of people/germs etc on a cruise ship.

I know it's bad timing but at 85 you don't know how much time someone will be around luckily the dad is the immediate family member so he may take the older child and mom will stay with baby. It's a crappy situation but there are 26 other people to consider too. Well time will tell what they decide

With all respect, this is not a crappy situation.

Put into the perspective of the 85 year old dad having such a long life with family around him and a brand new grandchild presumably born healthy to become the newest member of the family. You have the freedom and means to cruise. There is much joy in this family...... it is not crappy.

Some of us might define crappy quite differently.

Edited by sail7seas

I'm happy you saw I was trying to point out the happiness and joy in your family right now. It is certainly worthy of celebration. In itself, to have 26+ FAMILY members to hold that celebration is worthy of envy.

All best wishes. :)

Edited by sail7seas