Island Music was on Conquest Last week

elklemi

Was on the Conquest last week and was very happy to find live island music on the Lido each day for at least two sets. Bluelypso was the duo and were from Trinidad. She played the steel drum and he played the guitar. This has been one on my complaints that the DJ was too loud and poor selection. The crowd on the Lido really seemed to enjoy it as much as I did and when they played it was crowded. Thanks Carnival for bringing this back.

I hope this is a regular happening again! I missed the live music out on the Lido deck during our last cruise, but still enjoyed being out the nonetheless!

Thanks for sharing! I hope others that have sailed on other Carnival ships recently can chime in and let us know if they had live music too!

DH and I were on the Conquest on an 8-day cruise in mid-December. We would sit on Deck 10 starboard to smoke and the musicians were right there. Very good musi8cians and it was fun to have live music again.

We just got off the Magic and we loved that they brought back the steel drum, Calypso and Islander music. It really adds to the mood of cruising. I'm glad Carnival listened to what most people enjoy and made the change.

Glad Carnival has brought that back! Love a steel drum band. Gives me another thing to look forward to on Magic next fall.

The Bluelypso were on the Lido deck playing most of the day on sea days during our 8 day NYE cruise on the Conquest too and we loved them. We stayed mostly on the upper deck by the pool rather than going into the adult pool area just so we could jam to their music. People were dancing all around the deck. It was great :)