Food Comparison - Celebrity vs NCL

cfitch

I know tastes are subjective, but can anyone that has sailed both give me a comparison of the food between these brands. Specifically, compare the complimentary venues against each other, then the specialty dining. In addition, for Celebrity, would the food on the M class compare with the S class?

I'm a bit more of a cynic than others on this thread. I don't think NCL can touch Celebrity with their free food. I think all the cruise lines are similar in free food quality but if I had to list them, Celebrity would be first and NCL last. I do think NCL is better for comfort food, which seems to suit their target audience a little better, but Celebrity is much better for sit down meals.

Having just come back from our second NCL cruise on Escape, let me add that another thing I really, really liked about NCL is when our party of two went to one of the MDRs we were always seated at a table for four, the extra set ups were taken away and we were a normal distance from any other table. Not two inches away like on Celebrity!

That, on the other hand, is a huge nod toward NCL...or most other lines for that matter. My biggest complaint about Celebrity, especially S Class, is how close the tables are to each other.

We are just off the NCL Escape. We had the ultimate dining package and loved the opportunity to eat in the specialty restaurants every night. O'Sheehans is great for breakfast and lunch and the grandkids loved Margaritaville. The entertainment was fantastic! We appreciated the variety, especially Howl at the Moon and the comedy club. The cruise staff and kids club staff were really good. Lots to do; not just trivia like Celebrity.

We are currently on the Eclipse. Will post a comparison when we return.

Linda