What does VIFP Club offer of free upgrades really mean?

jeffdal

Within the Category (Inside, OceanView, Balcony....) that you booked, you will move up several sub-categories from what you booked, eg 4a to 4c. if you booked inside 4a. Ken

Very cool. That's what I was thinking at the very least. We are doing this cruise on a budget and might be doing either inside upper/lower or inside porthole.

How does that work? We book on line. We see the deal for two free upgrades. Do we automatically get this for the price listed, or do we have to call someone?

For example, we sign in on the website, and it says, Welcome (name), then we look up a 7 day cruise for say 649 inside. We are offered a cabin. Is that cabin the cabin anyone gets, or has it been upgraded automatically? I have always wondered about this. Thanks OP for bringing up this thread.

If you go through the booking, when it comes time to select your cabin type, say you see 4 types of inside rooms, 2 will be no change in price, 2 will be so much more pp/day. Of the 2 without surcharge, one will be the upgraded one. Sometimes the upgrade is really nothing more than a better location and the actual cabin size and setup is the same. Most times, actually.

Sometimes you will only see one type cabin, but when you go to pick your deck, you will have more free locations to choose from, hence the upgrade.

Edited by AngAndBoys

There is an offer out there for some that is best upgrade within the category, reduced deposit and OBC. We are looking at booking it since we can get upgraded from an 8A to an 8F. The offer came in the mail on a flyer. DH did not get the same offer and when I put his past guest number in, the offer does not come up. He will have to come with me if he wants to get the great price and upgrades.

Very cool. That's what I was thinking at the very least. We are doing this cruise on a budget and might be doing either inside upper/lower or inside porthole.

Those categories don't typically get free upgrades. They start with 4A and go up from there. See your previous thread that I replied to.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Most of the time an upgrade is just a different floor. Close the door to your cabin and you can't tell the difference. I've turned down numerous upgrades since I hate it when at dinner time the elevator is always filled. On the lower floors this doesn't happen. (DW can't do the stairs)

In my experience the Past Guest free upgrade is normally cancelled out by another better deal/sale. I have yet to see it benefit me. ES (or a variant) has always been cheaper after I've priced out my location, category and deck.

That's the true answer... basically no benefit unless you happen to book on the one day that nothing else is offered.