Extension cord question

beachbum53

This is news to me also because I just read on CCL yesterday, that if you bring an extension cord, IT MUST have a surge protector.. Guess this is another question for John...I will go find what I rad and see if I read it wrong first..

Hi, I have been trying to submit a question to John Heald, but I cannot tell if it actually went through or not. Could you please tell me the best way to submit a questiion to him and how I know if it goes through? Does it usually take him quite a while to answer?

It appears the 2nd one has a surge protector. Look at the 3rd picture on the side. It says "Voltage stabilizer Stabilize charging current and provide current surge protection".

These things sure are sneaky. Can you look at it again and verify? Thanks!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71qGdxaEr8L._SL1000_.jpg

I hadn't gone to their website to double check, I'm working on my ship now, and internet is limited, so I apologize. I have found ones before that weren't surge suppressors, but didn't think to save the link.

Okay, did some research. This entire line of products do not have surge suppressors, and they have outlet and combination outlet/USB "wall warts" and extended cubes (corded):

powercube-usa.com

Available at Walmart and Staples.

They also provide cubes for the 220v outlet, and adapter plugs as well.

Edited by chengkp75

This item looks interesting as it has both the usb and extra outlets. I don't see any information about surge protection. Would it be ok?

http://amzn.com/B003TXRTNG

This is okay. The problem is that surge suppressors are so ubiquitous these days, that you really need to go to the manufacturer's website to check the specs on the item to be sure.

Just received the Monster Power Outlets To Go, attached to the power cord is a big white plastic coated label, under the before use heading the second item reads:

"This power strip is not a surge protector".

I wonder if this will be enough to keep the over eager room steward away from it. Guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

Just received the Monster Power Outlets To Go, attached to the power cord is a big white plastic coated label, under the before use heading the second item reads:

"This power strip is not a surge protector".

I wonder if this will be enough to keep the over eager room steward away from it. Guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

We've had several stewards unplug extension cords.