Pier at Belize City?

Starfish Blue

Our cruise confirmation says, "Dock" at Belize City. I thought it was only tenders. Have you been there recently? Is there a pier? Can't find any information online.

I had planned to spend the day on the ship, but if we don't have to tender, that changes things.

Thank you!

Beth

Our cruise confirmation says, "Dock" at Belize City. I thought it was only tenders. Have you been there recently? Is there a pier? Can't find any information online.

I had planned to spend the day on the ship, but if we don't have to tender, that changes things.

Thank you!

Beth

It had been sometime since I had been to Belize, and like you my cruise itinerary noted "Dock" in Belize City. However, as noted above, Tenders are only used to go ashore. It is a 20 minute ride by boat

Edited by Happycruiserhw

Thanks for the info. I think we'll enjoy a relaxing day on the ship. I hate tendering, and spent 5 nights in Ambergris Caye last year, so I think I'll give this one a pass.

I appreciate the info- the "dock" that Carnival referred to had my thinking I might give it a go.

• 1 month later...

My husband read over the weekend that they have been building a pier in Belize and that it should be finished within the month. So I am trying to find more information on this. That would change everything. Does anyone know about this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My husband read over the weekend that they have been building a pier in Belize and that it should be finished within the month. So I am trying to find more information on this. That would change everything. Does anyone know about this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Maybe he was reading about Harvest Caye, the new NCL private dock area. It was supposed to be open this spring, but is now delayed until Fall. I do believe that this area will not require tenders (similar to Costa Maya) but it is owned by NCL and will be used as a "private island" type of experience. It is not in Belize City where the other ships are going.

We were in Belize last September and it is definitely a tender port. Cruise ships have to drop anchor at least 7 miles off shore. Even then, when the ship left it was stirring up a ton of mud from the bottom. I don't think Belize City is a very good candidate for a pier!:rolleyes: