Royal Suite on Cloud

MrsWaldo

So,

We have booked Cape Town to Cape Town for next Dec (onboard last cruise) and got a 2 suite upgrade so I booked 2 opposite mid ship verandahs.

I just realised that I can make significant savings if I pay for a 3 share mid ship verandah and use the upgrade to the Royal Suite. Even if I lose my onboard bonus I still come out $6000 in front.

For those of you who have stayed in a Royal on Cloud, is movement an issue, anchor noise, small front facing verandah or any other drawbacks.

I am assuming the beds split? (They didn't in the Owners Suite on SB)

We gain a dining table for all of us, free laundry and 6sqm, but lose a bathroom and inherit a roll away instead of a bed.

We took a look at one of these suites. If you value space and plan on hosting a UN summit or simply a cocktail party then they might make sense. If you value seeing where you are going then they are not - you mostly see the front of the ship and of course you can be seen by anyone standing on one of the decks above you, such as the Panorama Lounge deck. Facing front you also get the full blast of the wind and rain. For me, it's a no brainer.