room 8562 enchantment - noise from above??

We were in 8116, a little further from the pool. We could hear nothing inside our cabin with the doors closed. Out on the balcony, we could hear the ping-pong table and occasionally the PA/music system from the pool area above.

Just got upgraded (with a small fee) to a JS, room 8562 on Enchantment, had an inside deck 7.

How is the noise from the pool deck above?????

BK

We were in a cabin in a similar location on our Enchantment cruise last year. I had the same concerns regarding noise from the pool area as you. The only time we heard anything was the sound of the band playing by the pool while we sat on our balcony. Once we closed the balcony door, we couldn't hear a thing.

We actually enjoyed the music so it wasn't a problem for us.

We were in 8108 and heard something from above every night. It might have been joggers two decks above. It was too steady a sound to be from chairs being dragged around. Also don't ever book a cabin directly near the Centrum. The music was very loud each night until 12:30. I mean loud as in I could understand each word of the lyrics being sung. The Enchantment is a great ship. They did a really nice job with the stretch. The crew was friendly and helpful; all in all a nice cruise.

We will be in 8114 on the October 24 Enchantment cruise. I am not concerned about noise from above or below.

What I am more concerned about is the elevator and stairs being right outside our room.

Did you hear a lot of noise from people coming off of the elevator and stairs? Or is there a barrier to protect the noise?

Thanks,

Leslie

We did not hear any noise from the elevators or stairs from cabin 8108. In fact we found it very convenient to be so close. One thing that seems funny now, but did not at the time is that all the staff members have cell phones. When we put out the do-not-disturb sign so we could rest or clean up they would phone from right outside the door and ask us to open it. I began to think that the cabin attendant waited for that sign to appear before bringing our ice bucket back to us!

Archived