has anyone been on the Western or Eastern 14 day Panama Canal cruise??

motherchic

We did trans-canals in EARLY Dec. 2002 and 2003 - both on Infinity and both from San Diego to FLL.

Wonderful, relaxing cruises - interesting ports for us as we seldom get to cruise into Mexican ports.

Only problem as mentioned above, lots of elderly - even more "elderly" then DH and me! On the last TC we "lost" several folks...er...as in seriously ill causing the ship to have to turn around and head back to port thus missing Costa Rica - and there were deaths.

That makes two groups of us here who were with you on the quick return to Huatulco in 12/03. We lost 4 on that cruise. I guess that tends to happen more often on the longer cruises and when school is in session.

I hope that this doesn't sound bad, but when its my time to go I hope it is on the last day of a very nice cruise.
I hope this doesn't sound even worse (although I suspect it's unavoidable), but the fact that you're willing to wait until the last day so we don't miss a port call is very considerate of you!

I can certainly imagine worse places to go...

Dewayneg

Our two boys (both aged 12) had the most marvellous time on the Christmas/NY cruise. There were approximately 150 children on board (not as bad as it sounds!!) and about 50 in their age group.

They both thoroughly enjoyed their holiday and the freedom that they could enjoy in a safe environment. This does not mean they were running around the ship causing bedlam, they have been brought up well enough to know how to behave in public! Some evenings they didn't even eat with us as they wanted to have dinner with their new friends.

We did hire them both tuxedos for the duration of the cruise from www.cruiselineformals.com which worked out extremely well. I just emailed them with their sizes before we travelled and they were waiting for them in their cabins. They both thoroughly enjoyed the experience of 'dressing for dinner'.

My parents were also with us, both of whom are in their 70's. I was slightly worried beforehand that they would find the amount of children onboard to be too much as they generally go away outside of holiday seasons. However, they again had such a good time that they would not hesitate to take another cruise at Christmas time, even without us!

Rest assured your boys will have a wonderful time.

Archived