Another EZ Air Question

augies

Colorado Cruiser, Corfe Mixture et al- point taken. Makes sense that the "seat" is not yet linked to my name. I have not, nor probably never will, have a seat that is likely to be convetted by someone of higher airline status, but I will defintely keep my eye on my seats more vigilantly. This is the first time I booked EZ Air so it's good to hear the negatives, though remote, of booking in this manner.

We have also had seats lost during aircraft changes after making reservations and paying for tickets almost a year out. One such change put each of my young granddaughters sandwiched between two strangers on an LA - Maui flight. American Airlines.. all the way thorough to the Vice Presidents office - said the seats were in the control of the airport and we had to fix it there. You can imagine the "help" we would get at the airport. Fortunately, someone at AA was able to "fix" the seats prior to our outgoing flight and a wonderful gal at the AA counter in Maui when we landed said she would contact the airport in Honolulu and fix our home bound flight. AND SHE DID! Got a call from AA the day before we were going home and they had moved all 6 of us to row 7! I have to say that is best help AA has ever given us.

Colorado Cruiser, Corfe Mixture et al- point taken. Makes sense that the "seat" is not yet linked to my name. I have not, nor probably never will, have a seat that is likely to be convetted by someone of higher airline status, but I will defintely keep my eye on my seats more vigilantly. This is the first time I booked EZ Air so it's good to hear the negatives, though remote, of booking in this manner.

We have also had seats lost during aircraft changes after making reservations and paying for tickets almost a year out. One such change put each of my young granddaughters sandwiched between two strangers on an LA - Maui flight. American Airlines.. all the way thorough to the Vice Presidents office - said the seats were in the control of the airport and we had to fix it there. You can imagine the "help" we would get at the airport. Fortunately, someone at AA was able to "fix" the seats prior to our outgoing flight and a wonderful gal at the AA counter in Maui when we landed said she would contact the airport in Honolulu and fix our home bound flight. AND SHE DID! Got a call from AA the day before we were going home and they had moved all 6 of us to row 7! I have to say that is best help AA has ever given us.

I don't see it as a matter of having coveted seats that someone wants, its just that the seats just get released again.

You are right too about the schedule change/aircraft change for sure can mess things up. :(

Just last night I booked an EZAir Delta fight (domestic) via Princess website (8 months out).

I WAS able to assign seats at the time of booking on the Princess website.

This morning I logged into my Delta freq. flyer account and the flight was there (I entered in our Delta FF numbers on Princess when I reserved the flight). I even checked seatguru this morning and changed the seats on one leg via the Delta website. It does say something about not being able to change the flight via the Delta website.

Why did I use EZAir instead of booking directly with Delta? Well the tickets were 20% cheaper, if a cheaper fare comes along I can rebook at no cost, and if for some reason we'd need to cancel the cruise before final payment we can cancel the flight at no cost.