CC meet and greet

t_car

For us, MSC did nothing, a few of us organized a little get together, fewer showed up. Nothing like what we have seen on other cruise lines. Even on Costa (who also do nothing) we had a great group that had lots of fun with with stuff we organized amongst ourselves.

On the MSC Divina they did schedule a time and place for us and the Cruise Director showed up. I had contacted someone from the Divina who set it up for us. Unfortunately only a few of us (About 12)from the Roll Call showed up. A couple of people had some complaints and the CD took care of them. Some of the people who showed up became good friends on the cruise so it was definitely worth attending. They had coffee and pastries for us. All in all I think MSC did a good job.

ps - Immediately following our meeting they had free drinks for everyone before the Captains reception and we were well taken care of.

Edited by CTBob

Thanks CTBob,

We are sailing on the Divina on September 10th. Do you still have the contact info for the person on the Divina?

Our roll call is getting started, so would be great to plan ahead.

Tony

Thanks CTBob,

We are sailing on the Divina on September 10th. Do you still have the contact info for the person on the Divina?

Our roll call is getting started, so would be great to plan ahead.

Tony

I knew as soon as I wrote it that someone would ask that question. Just checked my old emails and didn't find it. I'll look around some more today. Bob

Well as I remember it now, on the Divina they used to just schedule a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet on the first sea day. It would be in the daily bulletin and I told everyone to check it and see when and where it was. They used the Silver Lounge for us and a few of the other cruises. As I said before, the turnout was light so that may have contributed to a change. I asked a few MSC experts and they weren't sure what they would do this year. Probably if you follow the Roll Calls for a few cruises before yours you will see what they have planned. Anyway...enjoy your cruise! Bob

ps - If I find anything out, I'll let you know.

pps - I just checked a few older Roll Calls. On one they weren't sure if the ship would hold one or if not, they would hold their own. I know that they did have one, just not yet sure if it was scheduled by the ship.

Edited by CTBob

We cruised in December on the Divina. Our roll call was not informed of when the meet and greet would be held even though a member tried to pin them down. We were told just to check the daily bulletin. Unfortunately, they scheduled it for the last sea day rather than the first. That kind of defeats the purpose of the meet and greet in my mind at least. Try to get a commitment for the first sea day if you can.