QM2 SOU to FLL World Cruise

laktex

Just off the ship today in Fort Lauderdale after the 10 days from Southampton via New York. Just a few things before a more detailed review when I get home in 10 days time. Embarkation was good for me and quickly into my cabin, quick lunch in the Grills and returned to unpack. Cabin was fine and in good order but does need that ' remastering ' that it receives later this year. Some good speakers, Ted Scull was his usual self, Celia Imrie was good in an interview with the Cruise Director (but she dined on the next table to us in QG so we could chat further), John McCarthy was excellent (but he doesn't need to swear - in my opinion), then there was John Laverick and Susan Humphris. The star show for many were the ' Overtures ' a 60's tribute band that got everyone up and singing. The Planetarium was operating fine and I think had 2/3 shows each sea day.

We had a wonderful table of 8 and we went off menu fairly regularly and generally very good. A couple of minor compaints - a Coronation Chicken baguette was served as a piece of chicken with cheese on top, a summer pudding specifically said with ' Devonshire Clotted Cream ' - it was MOSTcertainly not clotted cream - frankly these things should not happen. Osman left the ship in NY and was replaced by Patu Kerei - he (Patu) never introduced himself at our table and I heard one guest tell him off for the same reason. Worst Maitre 'd I have had. One of our table mates lost the balcony interconnecting door on a windy day - no doubt he will comment further when back in Sydney. We wonder where the door went, but there was a replacement being fitted in New York.

Must go now, I'm in my room in Melborne, FL over looking the ocean doing some catch-up before my exhibition in Orlando next week - its like being back on board.