Anthem of the SeasDeck 8 Question

MSR74

I am booked on the Anthem of the Seas...Stateroom 8700, 12 Night Southern Caribbean out of Cape Liberty. I am wondering if an upgrade to deck 10 in the same vicinity is worth the extra $140 cost. I am concerned about the proximity to lifeboats below in reference to view downward being blocked and possible tendering noise.

Last year I went on the Regal Princess and although we were two decks above lifeboats (C521), there was still some noise lowering lifeboats on Starboard for tendering in Princess Cays, although the view downward was fairly decent.

Please feel free to leave any feedback if you have experienced Deck 8 locations that looked over lifeboats on either Quantum of the Seas or Anthem of the Seas.

Also, we want to stay in the aft of the ship.

Side note: I do not use this forum often and am confused as to how to post directly in the Quantum Class forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

M

Edited by MSR74
Added text

No worries about the proper place to post - the mods will move the thread.

Other than being two decks higher there's no real advantage as far as seeing out from the balcony.

Any tender port will use other boats - not the ships' own boats. The ships' own boats may be lowered for drills.

Here are some photos from my last cruise on Regal Princess and my point of reference for considering moving higher to deck 10. We would be on same floor location as Regal Princess, comparatively speaking (two decks up from lifeboat storage area three decks below but looking over an actual lifeboat, so slightly back from where we were in this spot). We were on Caribe deck (C521) in photos but Emerald Deck below us three decks down has obstructed cabins similar to deck 6 on Anthem.

And it didn't have any obstruction outward as is viewed in the photos, just downward.

Or am I over analyzing this whole thing? I probably am...:eek::eek:

This is edited, I cannot post photos for some reason...

Sorry everyone.

I will see if I can resolve the issue.

Thanks,

M

Edited by MSR74
Cannot download photos

I am booked on the Anthem of the Seas...Stateroom 8700, 12 Night Southern Caribbean out of Cape Liberty. I am wondering if an upgrade to deck 10 in the same vicinity is worth the extra $140 cost. I am concerned about the proximity to lifeboats below in reference to view downward being blocked and possible tendering noise.

Last year I went on the Regal Princess and although we were two decks above lifeboats (C521), there was still some noise lowering lifeboats on Starboard for tendering in Princess Cays, although the view downward was fairly decent.

Please feel free to leave any feedback if you have experienced Deck 8 locations that looked over lifeboats on either Quantum of the Seas or Anthem of the Seas.

Also, we want to stay in the aft of the ship.

Side note: I do not use this forum often and am confused as to how to post directly in the Quantum Class forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

M

We were on Deck 10, Carib. on the Regal this past Oct. toward the aft. Also, too much ship vibration in the cabin while trying to sleep. Also the MDR..vibrations. Don't know why. Hated we saw all the lifeboats as part of our view. quite distracting. I would go higher on the Anthem 10, 11 and you want see the boats.

JMHO

Edited by UandMe4Ever

The issue is that we will lose an onboard credit of $100 ($300 total, dropping to $200 with the change), will need to pay about $40 more and lose free WIFI on one device. So, I don't know if it is worth it.

I am perplexed as to why I didn't choose a deck 10 stateroom when I booked. i know I looked into deck 9 and 10 but maybe it was more than I wanted to spend and was happy at the time of booking with my location.

I'm also surprised that you felt vibrations on the Regal. I actually found our stateroom location to be fairly vibration free, although we were more mid-aft. I felt very little vibration, although I am not that sensitive to it and actually like the little rumble from the engines when I am sleeping :). I was actually surprised at how quiet the engine's seemed since the Regal doesn't have Azipod's, but rather traditional fixed prop's that tend to transmit more low vibrations than Azipod's.

Thanks again for your input. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond!

M

Guest maddycat

Stick with your present cabin. We were on deck 8 on the Quantum last April (Anthem's sister ship). The view of the water was fine. The cabin was quiet. We didn't tender at any of the ports.........we docked at all of them.

Stay with it , it's not worth the extra. We were in 8752 and didn't have any problems at all in fact I'd choose the same cabin again if Anthem was sailing from the uk . The lifeboats aren't an issue all the cabins look down on them and you don't notice them unless you lean over and look straight down