Gluten free allergy concern

sparkytheclown99

My wife has a Gluten allergy, I was told from MSC customer service my wife was able to bring food on board to accomodate her needs. However that conflicts with there no food/drinks being brought on board policy. Anyone else bring food on board for such an issue?

I haven't brought food onboard however my daughter used the MSC GF menu exclusively. MSC really do cater for GF so maybe that is an area that you should possibly look at rather than bring stuff onboard.

Edited by mairead224

This is a question I have myself. Can you explain the GF menu that your daughter used mairead224? I'm used to NCL's system of pre-ordering my meals, but MSC's dining is so different that I'm not sure what I need to do to eat gluten-free.

This is a question I have myself. Can you explain the GF menu that your daughter used mairead224? I'm used to NCL's system of pre-ordering my meals, but MSC's dining is so different that I'm not sure what I need to do to eat gluten-free.

You should notify them in advance (now before you board the ship). For some reason there is a higher than the norm incidences of Italians with gluten intolerances, so they are well used to catering for it.

Basically you get your own menu and waiter and you choose form that menu. I don't think it is as simple in the buffet though but I guess you are used to being able to yell obviously safe things to select.