Escape questions

bookher

For those who have sailed recently. Are you allowed to bring a case of water onboard? Thought I read something about just putting a luggage tag on it?

Also, I heard that if your balcony door was open, the AC won't work? Is there a work around?

One more please, will a gift card keep the lights on instead of a room key?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't know about the case of water, we don't bring any.

I didn't try a workaround on the a/c thing.

But, I can answer that any card will work in your door to keep the lights on, however if you keep it plugged in 24-7 it will look like you are always there and your steward will not come make your room up. When the card is in the slot it shows "at home" outside on your door.

Yes, bring water.

I've not tried to rig the A/C, but I sleep with the door open & don't get too hot overnight.

I have found that if I put my room key in the light switch, I am the only person who can find their key later.:)

I am pretty sure there is no workaround. Its hard wired into the frame of the sliding door. Nothing you can see to push in and put a piece of tape over to keep in place. The door handle has to actually be in the "locked" position to have the AC turn back on.

For those who have sailed recently. Are you allowed to bring a case of water onboard? Thought I read something about just putting a luggage tag on it?

Also, I heard that if your balcony door was open, the AC won't work? Is there a work around?

One more please, will a gift card keep the lights on instead of a room key?

Thanks in advance!!!

you

you may bring a case of water on board

As soon as the balcony door opens the a/c shuts off and as far as I know there is no work around for that

any card we shoved in the key slot worked to keep the electricity on

When the balcony door is opened, the unit cooler that provides 80% of the cooling for your individual cabin shuts off. Really no good way to work around it, and I wouldn't tell anyone if I knew how (I'm the guy that has to work on the system, and listen to the complaints). However, there is a fresh air inlet that provides 20% of your cool air, that balances the 20% that the bathroom vent removes. This fresh air inlet serves an entire block of cabins, and by changing the pressure balance of the A/C system by keeping your balcony door open, this will tend to steal the fresh, cool air from other cabins, making them hotter and stuffier. As you walk down the passageways, you can tell which cabins have their balcony doors open by listening to the whistling sound coming from under the cabin door.

We put our bottled water, juice boxes and snacks into a carry on so I'm not sure about just slapping a luggage tag on it while not in a bag. Hopefully someone else can say they did that...

We had our balcony open a lot, an hour at a time here and there and never noticed that it got too hot in the cabin. It felt a little muggier than normal but really nothing too bad. We had little kids with us so we wouldn't sleep with it open at night but it does lock in the open position/half open position, etc which is pretty cool.

Any card that size will work to keep the a/c and lights on in the room.

Enjoy!

I'm getting ready to board the Escape on the 30th, followed by another week on the Getaway. I have a case of bottled water, and a case of diet Coke wrapped in plastic shrink wrap with luggage tags taped on the top destined for each ship. I tip the porters well, and have never had a problem having the beverages delivered to my stateroom.;)

Thank you all for your responses.

We leave the balcony door open only for a little while. Didn't know it would affect so many others, thank you for the information.

Getting excited for our cruise!!!

We put our bottled water, juice boxes and snacks into a carry on so I'm not sure about just slapping a luggage tag on it while not in a bag. Hopefully someone else can say they did that...

We checked a case of water with the porter at the terminal and he slapped a cabin number sticker on it and it was fine. The water didn't get delivered with our luggage though because for some reason it went to a different cabin. They were courteous enough to identify the mistake and our steward was able to track down the water for us and get it into our cabin.