How does NCL upsell determine upsell price?

usazhangjx

Do they ever contact your TA and offer upgrades? I'm booked in a balcony I think BF and there are none left on the 10/22 cruise but lots and lot left in other catagories. They could sell mine and upgrade me that would be just fine lol!

I had my travel agent contact me about upselling from an interior room to a mini suite. the price was $600 total for the 2 of us. While that seems like a good price for the nicer room, we feel like were basically just going to sleep there and can use that $600 elsewhere.

That being said I was wondering if that seems like a good deal to the more experienced cruisers out there?

Also do I have the option to call ncl directly or do I have to go through my TA?

If I upsell from a Spa mini suite on the Epic to a Haven Suite that is not a "Spa" room, assuming we lose the complimentary thermal suite access? I know we keep our original promos, which is fine, just curios about the spa access.

You would loose the spa pass unless you get a Haven Spa suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my travel agent contact me about upselling from an interior room to a mini suite. the price was $600 total for the 2 of us. While that seems like a good price for the nicer room, we feel like were basically just going to sleep there and can use that $600 elsewhere.

That being said I was wondering if that seems like a good deal to the more experienced cruisers out there?

Also do I have the option to call ncl directly or do I have to go through my TA?

That seems high. Through upsell we managed to go from interior to mini-suite for $300 total (150pp for passengers 1 and 2). This was on the Escape in Jan/Feb. I called 10 days out.

Interesting. I too am curious re: whether or not you feel that having 2 rooms for them to re-sell ended up helping you in this process, or if they didn't really take it in to account. It really seems to me that if they were willing to upsell one cabin to a family suite for x dollars, that it would be better for them to upsell 2 cabins to the same family suite instead, since they can now resell 2. :)

they will not...the upsell is only good for one room then you can cancel and have the other member's moved to that room.....I got upsell to Garden Villa for 5 from 2 bedroom suite and had 2 others in family suite, we got nothing for their family suite. I am trying to upsell for upcoming one and have an aft balcony and studio and asked, they said all I can do is cancel studio and move person to new room

In November, we have our 2nd NCL cruise and I didn't know about upselling.

We pay the final Payment in 2 weeks.

When should we call for an upselling and who do we call? We booked through a travel agent, so does that make a difference?

Thanks for any advice.

they will not...the upsell is only good for one room then you can cancel and have the other member's moved to that room.....I got upsell to Garden Villa for 5 from 2 bedroom suite and had 2 others in family suite, we got nothing for their family suite. I am trying to upsell for upcoming one and have an aft balcony and studio and asked, they said all I can do is cancel studio and move person to new room

Your post gives me a bit of hope. We are booked in a 2 bedroom family suite and would LOVE the upsell fairy to offer the GV....had read that NCL would no longer offer upsells on the GV. It sounds like this may have changed? Hope so! :)

In May we were offered the GV for $2000 per person, there were only two of us, we took the Deluxe Owners Suite instead. Too much money (and all that room wasted on two people).

Congratulations on your upsell!! Your room steward, Win, is awesome!!

Edited by pathubia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Is this thread still alive? We have 3 cruises coming up for April-May.Wondering how far ahead I should reach out to the Upsell Fairy? It seems like these trying times with reduced capacities it would make sense to get as many dollars from those already booked to sail by selling up from category to category.

ALSO, does UpSell contact me or must I be proactive and reach out to them. In all of our years with NCL and reaching Plat+, we have never had an offer from NCL to Upsell / Upgrade.

1 minute ago, bound4sun said:

Is this thread still alive?

No.   Please don't bump up threads this old.  Most often they include outdated and useless information and prices.  Feel free to start a new thread.  No worries if you do.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2022 at 11:39 AM, bound4sun said:

Is this thread still alive? We have 3 cruises coming up for April-May. Wondering how far ahead I should reach out to the Upsell Fairy? It seems like these trying times with reduced capacities it would make sense to get as many dollars from those already booked to sail by selling up from category to category.

ALSO, does UpSell contact me or must I be proactive and reach out to them. In all of our years with NCL and reaching Plat+, we have never had an offer from NCL to Upsell / Upgrade.

Please do not respond to old threads. This thread had been dead for 5 years until you posted this response. The upsell fairy referenced in this thread died long ago. RIP.  And the information in this thread hasn't been valid for years. 

All upgrades are done through an automated bidding system called Upgrade Advantage. Whether you are invited to bid is dependent upon how you booked and whether bidding is allowed by the Canadian office or travel agent  you used. The opening of bidding has been changing because of changes to the final payment dates. Right now it is closer to 50 days prior to cruise. When you log on to your NCL account, there will be a splash screen that says "Let's Get You Upgraded" if you are allowed to bid.