Why only 1 stop inTenerife for Transat on Epic

Minoushka

I think since we are in the neighbourhood i would have liked a few more stops in the Canary

is lands ...Lanzarote or Tangiers ...but itsnot included ...now why is that ?

Anybody know and the previous cruise does the Mednot Canaryislands ...hmmmm

Any input

I think since we are in the neighbourhood i would have liked a few more stops in the Canary

is lands ...Lanzarote or Tangiers ...but itsnot included ...now why is that ?

Anybody know and the previous cruise does the Mednot Canaryislands ...hmmmm

Any input

Tangier isn't in the Canary Islands. Hmmm.

islands ...Lanzarote or Tangiers ...but its not included ...now why is that ?

Anybody know and the previous cruise does the Med not Canary islands ...hmmmm

Any input

Do any other cruise lines stop more than once in the Canary Islands?

When we did the TA on Star in Oct. 2015 we stopped in Ponta Delgada, Azores for just the one day (would have loved to be there longer). Most cruises that we've been on only stay the day in port although I know there are certainly some exceptions.

We all make choices based on what we want most...

Do any other cruise lines stop more than once in the Canary Islands?

When we did the TA on Star in Oct. 2015 we stopped in Ponta Delgada, Azores for just the one day (would have loved to be there longer). Most cruises that we've been on only stay the day in port although I know there are certainly some exceptions.

We all make choices based on what we want most...

Greetings,:)

I will be doing the TA on the Star in April. As of yet they don't have the excursions posted for Ponta Delgada. Did you do any excursions while you were there or did you just walk around town?

Looking forward to this cruise!

happytotravel:)

I will be doing the TA on the Star in April. As of yet they don't have the excursions posted for Ponta Delgada. Did you do any excursions while you were there or did you just walk around town?

We did a private tour organized by Peter through our Roll Call.

brb with info.

Sorry it took so long but here's some info for the tour we did:

Sete Cidades Crater Lake (Twin Lakes) & "Fogo" Fire Crater Lake (approximately 6 hours) 45,00 euros per person

* Pick up at the pier, drive towards the West direction of the island, until we reach the "Vista do Rei" viewpoint to see Sete Cidades Crater Lake (blue and green lake), then go down to Sete Cidades Village stoping before at "Cerrado das Freiras" viewpoint (diferent perpective of the Twin Lakes), after stop at Sao Tiago Lake viewpoint, then drive down to the bottom of the crater to go on top of the bridge that divides the two lakes, then drive threw the Sete Cidades village to see one of the most Azorean villages of Sao Miguel island, stop at the center of the village for the wc, coffee, and who wishs to see Sete Cidades Church, with a posibility to relax for a moment. When everyone is ready, start to go up the Crater from the other side, to see the West Coast and Mosteiros village from the top, after drive on the rim of the crater on a dirt road, giving you some off-road adventure and spectacular scenery views of the Sete Cidades Crater and the west side of the island all the way back to "Vista do Rei" viewpoint passing it and only stoping at the "Empadadas" Lakes to go and see these charming lakes and scenery, up threw a small and dirt road to that viewpoint to see the island landscape (the North coast & South coast, the most flat and thinner area of the island) seen that side of the island the next drive is to see the Fire Crater Lake. Drive from there to the North coast Capelas town to stop at "Morro das Capelas" (view of the North Coast). after stop at Ribeira Grande city (view of the city garden and center, liquor tasting possibility and view who wishes of the Ribeira Grande mother church (first construction in 1517 and reconstructed in the during the eigtheen century). When everyone is ready, start to drive up the mountain of "Barrosa" to go to see the Fire Lake, stop at "Caldeira Velha" (hot iron water fall) with a 5 min walk one way to see the waterfall, a hot spring and a exotic scenery with many Autralian Tree Ferns, drive to the first view to see Fire Lake, after to another view almost at the hightest point to see the Fire Lake from another perspective, and from the same view see the the island seeing the South and the North coast at the same time, with a posibilty to see at (947m) altitude to see your ship at the pier) from there, going down from the Fire lake Mountain to Lagoa town on the south coast, passing threw several small villages until you reach Ponta Delgada, after that will see in time and what more you can fit or what is the clients mood. Back to the ship.

We will also be taking an additional 45 minutes for lunch at a place called "Miroma", here we can experince traditional Portugese food or the classic "cozido", food cooked underground by volcanic heat in the Caldeiras, this I have had and enjoyed it very much.

the following is what Gary from Azorean tours e-mailed me about our meeting time and the cost which is 45 euros p/p

Edited by All-ready2cruise

When I was there, in the main square there were some horse and buggy drivers. We took a scenic ride around for about half hour. Driver charged 5 euros each and his buggy held 8. Some were smaller. Then we went shopping. It was very nice and cheap too.