first cruise...

loving life

loving life,

Actually, we are on the November 13 sailing. But, we are staying at Caneel Bay for three nights after our cruise. Then we are going to Pennsylvania over Thanksgiving weekend for dinner with the in laws and my wife's high school reunion.

lovinglife. i'll be on your cruise and im in my mid 30's -so there. i have cruised seadream before (seadream II) and the stories are true. it is the best there is in my opinion. i like the less formal atmosphere also. i am not an evening gown type. we have also been on radisson and windstar and we couldn't wait to go back to seadream

only recommendation is to bring some dramamine or sea bands just in case. i have gotten a little woozy but not sick. the ship is smaller so there can be some motion depending on the weather.

any questions, just ask.

look forward to meeting you.

hey now travelchik that's sounds fun. are you coming alone or with company? i see you're from texas. my husband is canadian but spent 13 years in texas (high school with lance armstrong and texas tech). we now live together near toronto where i'm from. we too look forward to meeting you as well, drinking champagne, splashing in the sea off the back of the mini marina, and dozing in the late afternoon sun... ahhh... it's getting crummy outside here, the clouds move in and then that's it til april :(

at least we have the sunny seas ahead to keep us smiling!

see you soon!

If you are looking for the classic deserted beach in Nevis, from the dock where SD tenders, take a 5 minute taxi ride to the Four Seasons Hotel. Walk through the lobby to the beach, and turn right and walk along the sand about 10 minutes. You will pass a local restaurant and just keep walking. You come to a really great long beach where you will likely be alone. Swaying palm trees and great swimming water, even better if you take a picnic from the yacht. On the walk back you can stop for a drink at the hotel. There were a few interesting shops at the dock with things we didn't see on every other island.

LL,

I am coming with my fiancee. I know how those grey winters can be. We just moved from the midwest. However, now we have had hot hot hot weather. Sometimes I question why we booked a cruise in the Caribbean. At this point Alaska sounds good...but it will be fun.

I will look for you! We are going to spend two nights in St Thomas. Everything was booked so we are at the Bolongo Beach Club. Hope it won't be too bad. If it is, I will have some funny stories.

Loving Life,

We will be on your cruise. We are a married couple, 41 and 43 from TX. Looking forward to a great week. We are staying at either the Marriott on St. Thomas or else Caneel Bay Resort on St. John on Sat night before boarding the ship on Sun.

Well Dewla, and TC,

It sounds like we're going to have a great time! We fly on the 26th Toronto-Atlanta-St. Thomas and are booked for the night at Hotel 1829. I'm just about ready for a week long break. I find it fascinating that we can log onto this site and find fellow passengers before the trip. Technology, very cool. See you soon!

• 3 weeks later...

We are going on Sea Dream I Nov. 27th. First time on this ship but we liked the itinerary (different islands visited) so thought to try it. Last year we went on Radisson Diamond and loved it but the ship was sold so decided on this one. Hope we are happy.

About St. Barts...We too rented a car, in town, for alot less than the ship will get you. Aslo, they deliver it to you in Gustavia, rather than having to go out to the airport to pick it up, which wastes time and money on cab fares to and from.

Great shopping here, good but pricey restaurants, the French don't pretend they can't speak English (St Maarten) and "Cheeseburgers in Pradise" (Buffett) started at a local corner bar (still) here. St. Barts is clean and a fun place. Glad we will be here for an extended time rather than an early evening departure.

Anything new on that flu?:eek:

hi cabasol,

we're looking forward to meeting you in a couple weeks.

i noted yesterday on the norwalk thread that our travel agent told us the SD docked SD1 2 days early and had the ship cleaned top to bottom. presently there were no reported cases of illness, so it looks pretty good!

thanks for the info.

ll

Thanks very much for the info.

We had a bit of a problem last year. We left a bag in the trunk of the rental car and had to pay a small fortune for a cab from the dock back to the rental car drop-off space to retrieve.

We'll be using your source this April. (hopefully, we'll also check the car before leaving!!!)

Thanks again

FT

In St. Bart's we stopped at a gift shop/deli right on the main drag in Gustavia, directly across from where the boat dropped us off. The store advertised that they arranged rental cars, either through Avis or Budget (I can't remember which) and it was brought right to the store for us. Cost about $50. No problems.

Thaks for the info on the flu.

Archived