Boardwalk Balcony

Jmeyers

What are your thoughts on a boardwalk balcony? Can you see the aqua theatre and ocean from all cabins? Is it loud? Currently booked In a Central Park balcony but thinking about a boardwalk cabin. Thanks.

Had 11727 on Oasis, had a great view of the Aqua Theatre. However it was very noisy during sea days and performances. It was fun to be in once but I would not book it again.

What are your thoughts on a boardwalk balcony? Can you see the aqua theatre and ocean from all cabins? Is it loud? Currently booked In a Central Park balcony but thinking about a boardwalk cabin. Thanks.

Also, both Boardwalk and Central Park balconies have a potential privacy issue with the staterooms directly opposite.

We have not been on an Oasis Class yet and generally book mid ship balconies, port side. For a first time Oasis Class cruiser, and our adult granddaughters in their 30's with one 12 yr old, should they go with an E Cat or OV. Daughter & I are working toward a family cruise to the Southern Caribbean for 2017

If noise bothers you stay with CP.

We had a balcony overlooking Central Parkon thenAllire and I was disappointed. I felt uncomfortable putting things out on the balcony to dry S not only were we visable to our neighbors across but also from the elevators that faced the Park S well. I would not pick an inside balcony again.

We had a boardwalk balcony, about the middle of the row on deck 14. Had a good view of the Aquatheater and even the ocean off the aft. You won't have as good of a view of the AT from all rooms, some rooms farther fwd will have a narrower view. Balcony was good for watching the shows and people-watching throughout the day. Was not good for relaxing on the balcony at any time. Noisy, and you could always be seen. Plus you have to remember to keep your blinds shut at night when your lights are on.

The doors did a pretty good job of blocking out the noise, but it was definitely noisy when you were out on the balcony.

I wouldn't book another one, we prefer the ocean. However, the privacy concerns are the same with CP balcony you have booked now. With a CP balcony you'll get a little quieter, much less breeze (it can get warm), and no view of the ocean or AT. I'd probably prefer a boardwalk balcony to a CP balcony.

Something else to note, some decks have public spaces at the far aft of the hallways (ours did). So we were just steps away from a large aft deck with great views of the ocean, AT, etc. Very few people used these... So if you go for a boardwalk balcony I'd suggest choosing a deck that has one of these and not the AT suites at the end of the hallway.

I had a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis and enjoyed it. Get as far aft as possible and you will enjoy the shows and the movies as well as an ocean view. I would book again. The people watching was worth the loss of privacy.

If you are in a Central Park balcony you won't have a view of the Aqua theatre. You need to stay in the Boardwalk balconies for that. We were in 12707 on the Oasis and had a great view. I wouldn't stay on deck 14 though, some have blocked views. There is a thread on pictures from boardwalk balconies on Oasis with the views, do a search for that. We loved our balcony just remember to close the curtains when appropriate.

We have done ocean, cp and Boardwalk. Obviously, our favorite is ocean view but due to great prices we have diverted from that. We didn't enjoy the cp balcony. Found it very hot and you could hear noise from the pool deck. The boardwalk was nice. At least you could see some of the water and outside views.

Edited by maggieq