I need help... excursion ideas for western caribbean cruise

stephwells

A group in their 20's? Do NOT even think about going to Carlos&Charlies in Coz. Avoid that place like the plague. Its horrible, bad, bad, a NO NO. You'll probably miss your ships sailing if you go there. :D

Belize, ???

Dan

In Belize......go cave tubing!!! Just check out the Port of Call board for lots of independent operators.

Cozumel....Paradise Beach. Don't know how long you'll be in port, but if time allows....there's CnC's. Just make sure you get back to the ship in time to watch the show (people who partook a little too much trying to get back to the ship!).

Have fun!!!

Asking what to do in Coz is like asking,which girl is prettier. It depend on who is looking and what you have on your mind. If you are a party animal, there are several bars to hit. Carlos and Charles, Mr. Sanchez, Senior Frogs, to name a few. I personally like Paradise, but it might not be your pick. Others are San Francisco Beach and Mr. Sanchos. If you want a quiet spot, pick a private beach club. If you want a smorgasboard of things to do and see, try Chankanaab. It is too hard to pick one thing. I guess that is why I'm going back for my fourth time.

To answer you more specifically, Paradise Beach is a nice beach with nice sand, lots of water toys, good food and service. The staff will take good care of you and you can go there in a taxi.

In Belize, Cucumber Beach is located 5 miles from Belize City, I am not certain the cost for transportation from Belize City to there and back. Prices will vary depending on taxi operator. The beach is equipped with huts for shading and chairs for relaxation. The Entrance fee is US 5.00 per adult. In addition to a Museum, there is the Gift shop where you can purchase items that are made in Belize. Secondly, there is the Sibun Bite Bar and Grill, which overlooks the Beachand you, can enjoy the cool, fresh breeze as you enjoy one of the many Belizean dishes. The cost of the meal range from US 2.50 - US20.00, Drinks range from US 1.00 - US17.00. Finally, there is Marina, which caters to both the sport fisherman and the recreational boater.

http://www.oldbelize.com

In Belize......go cave tubing!!! Just check out the Port of Call board for lots of independent operators.

Cozumel....Paradise Beach. Don't know how long you'll be in port, but if time allows....there's CnC's. Just make sure you get back to the ship in time to watch the show (people who partook a little too much trying to get back to the ship!).

Have fun!!!

So true! If you are lucky enough to have a balcony overlooking the pier, it is quite entertaining to watch the stragglers return to the ship.

In Cozumel you might want to consider the Segway Ride to Chankanaab Park that is on the Carnival website--fun and exciting!

Another vote for cave tubing. Great experience and well worth the price. Walking through the rain forest is incredible and the actual tubing is really cool.

Cozumel has options out the wazoo! Everything from simple bus tours to diving, and everything in between. We did a unimog tour that included lunch, visit to the Mayan ruins and one of the beaches. Kind of a Cozumel "sampler". And if shopping is on anyone's plate, Cozumel is the place to do it.

Please help me... I need fun ideas for things to do in Belize and Cozumel??? My group is in their 20s :-) Any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.

I would highly recommend the Lost World Canopy Tour in Belize. it's very thrilling, and a lot of fun!

As a mid-20's female that just returned from the same ports of call with a large group, I totally recommend in Belize cave tubing or the rainforest canopy tours for those people that want action and also the altun ha river walace tour for those that want to see more of the area..

in cozumel, you should do the snorkel, sail, catermeran party!! awesome.. also i heard the atving in the jungle was cool too...

Not sure what your into, but Cozumel is full of places to drink.. from booze cruises (such as the above catermeran boat party-but it had a GREAT beach and snorkeling too) and definatly go to Fat Tuesdays or Senor Frogs.. HAVE FUN! and leave time to try to walk back to the boat!! It is really funny... I was one of those people i think were getting laughed at by the people on the boat!

Archived