Condado Hilton Vs. Hilton Caribe

limace

I know this has been asked before but wanted to get any updated guidance. These are the two hotels that our travel agent is offering at block rates pre our Bluse Cruise in October, either for $165. Thoughts about one over the other? We'd like to relax for a couple days and be able to explore, and prefer being able to walk to restaurants, etc, if possible. The Denny's is not a plus for us :). Would you pick one over the other and why? Or for that rate, would you suggest a better choice?

I stayed at the Condado Hilton last year. It's a very nice hotel and there are plenty of places to walk to. The Caribe Hilton is basically next door but you have to cross the bridge that connects the bay to the ocean so a little bit further of a walk but probably doable to get to everything as well. I would say either one is a great choice when staying in the Condado area. I choose the Condado area last year as I wanted to spend 2 extra days by a pool/beach rather than explore OSJ.

This year I choose to stay in Old San Juan as I'm going w/ my nieces who have never been to Puerto Rico before. Choose OSJ to stay as all the forts are within walking distance and there are plenty of restaurants around within walking distance.

• 5 months later...

We stayed two nights at the Caribe Hilton in April before our cruise. It's lovely with a beautiful beach and pool. The property is very nice with places to stroll. There is a family run small restaurant right across the street with good PR food and great prices.

In fact, we booked it again for next April, this time for three nights. Just be sure you ask for a room in the main tower.

Enjoy!