Spa question

crusingcatlady

FYI...they always have reduced prices on board for various combos of treatments, too...like 10% off first, 20% off second, etc...if you sign up for multiple treatments. I haven't seen those kinds of deals on the HAL website...so, I prefer to wait until I'm on board rather than pay the full price up front on the HAL site.

I always book onboard, but I make all my appointments on embarkation day.

The last time we sailed HAL, they were running a special a prior poster mentioned: 10% off one, 20% off the second and 30% off the third. What I especially liked is that since I booked all three at once, I was given 10% off the least expensive and 30% off the most expensive. Saved a lot!

But even without those deals, my husband and I walk to the spa within an hour or so of boarding so I can get the appointment times I want.

There are always onboard specials, especially on port days.

Our last Oosterdam cruise had a 10/20/30 special...10% off a first treatment, 20% off second, 30% off third. As others have said, you will be almost bombarded with flyers about the specials with your daily stateroom "mail".

We are big spa users, and have not had a problem being able to find times available onboard. On sea days you might not have your choice of times, so book those earlier if a certain day/time matters.

What kind of treatments to you ladies get?

(I am a lady, no offense meant to the gents who get treatments too.)

I plan on seeing my local girl before leaving...

Hot stone massage is a given...my favorite. I also tend to book a facial as well.

About three trips ago I treated myself to a wash/blow dry on formal night and since then have had my hair done that way twice each trip. Its nice knowing I will have a 'good hair' night on formal nights!

I have to say that with respect to having my hair done, HAL has been the absolute best. On our Bermuda cruise, Anne Marie was so amazing and we had such nice conversations the two trips I made to the salon. Last March on the Westerdam, Francis was just as great...he convinced me to try a Keratin Express treatment (which I found out when I got home was actually reasonably priced) and he made my hair look AMAZING. I loved it so much, I now get Keratin at home regularly.

My husband insists I plan spa visits when we cruise...I'm not going to argue that!