Coral or Island Princess Emerald Deck Aft

beachnut2011

We've booked a room on the Coral Princess Emerald Deck (floor 8) Aft. Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms? The balconies are larger than most rooms & the price is good. However, they don't appear to sell out very fast. I realize it's a longer walk to eat, etc. but is there anything else I'm missing?

thanks,

We've booked a room on the Coral Princess Emerald Deck (floor 8) Aft. Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms? The balconies are larger than most rooms & the price is good. However, they don't appear to sell out very fast. I realize it's a longer walk to eat, etc. but is there anything else I'm missing?

thanks,

They are located directly over the Universal Lounge.I don't like being over any public space that has an entertainment venue under or above.

Here is the link to the deck plan.

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=CO

The lounge is gone, those rooms are great. We stayed in E737 on the Island back in September and loved it. The only issue we found was that you have to close the stateroom door firmly because of the pressure changes with the door to the back deck can cause the door to pop open if it isn't closed completely. We mentioned it to our room steward, so it may have been fixed. They may not sell because they don't overlook the aft, but that particular balcony looks out the end so it was close enough to a true aft balcony for us.

thanks,

We were on the Coral in balconies E734 and inlaws were in E736 for a 15 day full transit in Oct.

Just because there are some left does not indicate any issues.

These are in a great location and close to the doors to the aft viewing area.

No noise from the Universe lounge!!!

Edited by Colo Cruiser
  • Like 1

The lounge is gone, those rooms are great. We stayed in E737 on the Island back in September and loved it. The only issue we found was that you have to close the stateroom door firmly because of the pressure changes with the door to the back deck can cause the door to pop open if it isn't closed completely. We mentioned it to our room steward, so it may have been fixed. They may not sell because they don't overlook the aft, but that particular balcony looks out the end so it was close enough to a true aft balcony for us.

Sorry, the Island doesn't have the lounge anymore, not the Coral.

We were in E736 (last aft cabin port side) on the Coral in Alaska. Best cabin we ever stayed in - all due to the views from the great balcony. We were never bothered by the Universe Lounge and only noticed vibration from the thrusters a couple of times.

Even if you can't be in the last cabin, being aft means that you are super close to the rarely used public viewing decks at the back of the ship. I haven't been on the Island but I believe that the aft viewing deck is also still available on the Emerald Deck.