Connecting cabin

lindabodrum

We are lucky to have been upgraded to 11120 on Preziosa ,from an inside cabin. Are there any photos of the position from the outside of the ship. It seems it's a connecting cabin. Where is the connecting door I wonder,on the balcony or inside.

On the inside.

We were upgraded to a midships balcony 12147 on deck 12, same ship earlier this month

What a fantastic ship - we were so impressed. Our cabin was just wonderful except for the connecting door. We were lucky that the 3 occupants weren't too noisy but it was a bit strange hearing them talking in the afternoon - you could hear what they were saying! We could also smell their perfume/deodorants as they were getting ready to go out for the evening.

This was just a small annoyance - the upgrade made up for it. The door is situated at the bottom of the king bed.

Enjoy your cruise and I hope you love the ship as much as we did. Unfortunately the cruise itself wasn't the best as it was still school holiday time. It was difficult to find a table in the bars through the day.

There were 2 gala nights on our 7 night cruise

The connecting door is just before you reach the dressing table on the left of the picture- sorry for the poor quality

Caryl

image.jpg.86a6532d538565faf750a72d92a5fd34.jpg

Edited by CASPALL
Forgot to write something

As you say, the upgrade makes up for it. I presume it's because the ship isn't so full, so maybe we won't have neighbours,or fingers crossed for quiet ones. We are taking the drinks package so if we drink enough we will sleep thru most things hehe. What percentage of women wore long dresses for formal nights. What form of shows were there

I've had a connecting cabin twice (one my fault I didn't check the deck plan properly) second was an assigned cabin but not an upgrade.

Neighbours were a tad noisy the first time but I was later t bed than them most nights so wasn't a major problem. Second time was pretty remarkable since it was a younger couple with a baby and a toddler and I was dreading being woken up by a screaming baby or the toddler having a hissy fit. Barely knew they were there.they must have had the quietest kids on earth.

Great attitude lindabodrum!

Gala night dressing up went from one extreme to the other. I think some women thought they were dressed for gala.......

Then there were some fabulous dresses. Quite a few women wore cocktail dresses and long dresses every night. I would say 30% but our other MSC cruises were much dressier.

We didn't like the entertainment and would ask other passengers if it was worth going to after they'd seen it. The answer was usually no!

Tip - do NOT waste your time going to the so called captains cocktail party. Go sit in one of the nice bars and enjoy real drinks from your drinks package!

Tip - don't fall for going to the speciality restaurants. They are totally overpriced and not that good. Shame really...

The staff on Preziosa were really friendly and efficient- except for the ones in the top deck speciality restaurant. They took the huff when they asked why I didn't eat my main course, then dessert. I said it wasn't to my taste and the dessert was no better than what you would get on the buffet. No goodnight sir and madam for us! I said it in a friendly way! Pah! They never topped up our wine and water either.

The waiters in the main restaurant were so brilliant we regretted losing a nice dining experience

Caryl

Edited by CASPALL

Thanks Caryl for the advice. I was undecided about the captains cocktail party but after reading your and others tips, seems it will be pretty boring. An unnecessary expense when we already have paid for drinks. By the way can you take drinks to your room from the bar as I like a tipple while I get ready in the evening. Is there a mini bar and do u pay if you have included the allegrisimo package. How many sockets are in the room. We will need daily charge for two phones camera and iPad. The Galaxy seven wonders experience was a consideration . Can you book on board for the same price as online . What time of year did you go . Also wondering how you go from the pool or water slide to room with wet clothes. Are there robes. It's February when we go and don't think I will be packing flip flops shorts or beachwear,except for my swimsuit. Is the dining room and bars warm enough or will I need lots of pashminas or knits to keep warm in the evenings. I also read that they only serve food when all at the table in the dining room appear,I assume that doesnt apply if you are two people on your own. Are the tables made up of guests that all boarded on the same day or do new people come and go throughout the week.

If you have a table for two you'll be fine. Check it out when you board just to make sure. The maitre d will be available at some time in the afternoon in one of the restaurants to do changes. They try and put English speakers together and yes you might pick up or lose people as the week goes on. It's a real hop on hop off cruise.

Please be aware that the bars will close when they do lifeboat drills - when there's a lot of passengers joining. It's infuriating when you can't get your Allegrissimo used! My husband usually went to the nearest bar for a couple of drinks while we were getting ready. Don't touch that mini bar!!! Stock up your fridge with drinks from the pool bar. They're quite happy to give you a bottle of water, cans of soda or bottles of fruit juices.

Breakfast looks fantastic on Preziosa - the whole buffet areas are very nice,BUT the breakfast was pretty bad unless you like pancakes and sweet stuff. We ended up just skipping breakfast and having early lunch instead.

Sockets in cabin. Not great. You'll just have to stagger out the charging. The hair dryer was ok - wish I hadn't taken mine. We had bathrobes as we are MSC Black. They gave a status match thing so as we are top level with Costa, MSC matches it! This gave us our free speciality dinner and a bottle of prosecco etc.

Sorry cannot comment on Galaxy 7

I had a few pashminas with me but found it far too hot so never used them. Handy if you go outside for a pre dinner drink though. We were on Preziosa on 1st January

What's your boarding time? We were supposed to be 1.30 but went there at 11am, boarding started at 12 and we were on within 15 mins. We joined in Barcelona.

Ask your cabin steward for X number of wire hangers as there are never enough.

That cocktail party is a total waste of time - people queue to get in and eagerly await drinks that have been standing around for ages! They obviously don't have the Allegrissimo package!

Anything else you need to know just ask. Seems like a while since we came off that beautiful ship. Wish we had that comfy bed at home!

Caryl

We were upgraded to a midships balcony 12147 on deck 12, same ship earlier this month

What a fantastic ship - we were so impressed. Our cabin was just wonderful except for the connecting door. We were lucky that the 3 occupants weren't too noisy but it was a bit strange hearing them talking in the afternoon - you could hear what they were saying! We could also smell their perfume/deodorants as they were getting ready to go out for the evening.

This was just a small annoyance - the upgrade made up for it. The door is situated at the bottom of the king bed.

Enjoy your cruise and I hope you love the ship as much as we did. Unfortunately the cruise itself wasn't the best as it was still school holiday time. It was difficult to find a table in the bars through the day.

There were 2 gala nights on our 7 night cruise

The connecting door is just before you reach the dressing table on the left of the picture- sorry for the poor quality

Caryl

Hi Caryl

we have just booked our first MSC cruise for September on Splendida and we have a connecting room but it was the only one available in a good position so I am hoping not too much noise.

I notice you have done a lot of P&O cruises, we have done quite a few as well as on other cruiselines,how does MSC compare for quality of food etc?

We are sailing from Southampton so I expect a lot of passengers will be from the UK I think it also embarks passengers in Hamburg so maybe not very many Italians.

Thanks for all the info, we land at 10am and have transfers to the ship included. Expect we will arrive about twelve or one,and assume room not ready til threeish,so will explore, enjoy lunch and enjoy a Mojito x

Their Mojitos are excellent.

I've never had to wait as late as 3 for access to my cabin. Sometimes they say they don't guarantee they will be ready until 2. I usually board around 12.30-13.00 and will have a walk past my cabin just in case it is ready already. More times than not

Hi Caryl

we have just booked our first MSC cruise for September on Splendida and we have a connecting room but it was the only one available in a good position so I am hoping not too much noise.

I notice you have done a lot of P&O cruises, we have done quite a few as well as on other cruiselines,how does MSC compare for quality of food etc?

We are sailing from Southampton so I expect a lot of passengers will be from the UK I think it also embarks passengers in Hamburg so maybe not very many Italians.

I don't really like P&O so much now. Ever since we decided to become " cruise tarts" and book the best deal on whatever cruise line, we realised there were better ships out there with a bit more razamatazz, different ports of call etc.

We have made friends with people from Germany and Holland - it's really opened our minds. P&O is so stuffy compared to MSC , but MSC still do gala nights and do things very nicely. Costa and MSC are much better for late night entertainment - people love to dance until late.

The food on MSC is very similar to P&O, but you won't get steak and kidney or a pile of potatoes and veg on your plate. Don't make the mistake of only having 3 courses off the menu as the portions are small. Have the pasta course. If you don't like the 2 pasta choices there is always a bolognese sauce or veg one available - also chicken,salmon or minute steak available.

I didn't like their desserts but it all depends on how good their executive chef is. There's quite a difference between ships in how the food is.

As your cruise will have a lot of British on board they will take that into account and have more Brit dishes on the menu.

The soup is always good on MSC.

You're in for a great cruise!

Caryl