Where to be for Conquest Sailaway

texas greeneyes

I am also sailing ( my first cruise) on the Conquest on 10/30/05 - Per Chucksta the best is the top deck with drink in hand( I think I can handle that part..;) ) Is there one side of the ship better than the other, anything in particular to see on the way out of Galveston?

Per Chucksta the best is the top deck with drink in hand( I think I can handle that part..;) ) anything in particular to see on the way out of Galveston?
The Bar Tender Several Times...lol;) Never been out of Galveston sorry this is my best thought...:)

I was born and raised in Galveston (Born On the Island) and I can truthfully say that Galveston isn't very pretty but, it was a great place to grow up! If I'm standing on the top deck at the start of a Christmas cruise, with my wonderful husband and a drink in my hand I won't care what the scenery looks like!

My first cruise was a group cruise organized by my wife's relatives. Our first sailaway was a thrill! Being up top with the crowd, all fresh onboard and eager to begin the trip elicits a certain magic.

Since that first cruise my wife and I have sailed the Conquest from NO and Elation and Jubilee from Galveston. While it is true that Galveston lacks the visual appeal of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, the magic is just as intense topside.

I would offer two locations to choose from:

1)All the way forward on the Lido deck or the Panarama deck. The view here is terrific but it can be very windy if you are sailing into a headwind.

2) All the way aft on the Panarama deck. You will enjoy a lovely view of the port disappearing behind you as well as very convenient access to food and beverages. :D

Archived