First X Cruise:SILHOUETTE JAN 17 2016

Bimmer09

Hello Norris, I've finally made it. Been trying to catch up with your posts for the last ten days, need to get my breath back now. 'Met' you during your Emerald cruise last year, have read the Venice - Rome report since then too.

Have really enjoyed your Gentleman's Journal. Amazing photos again, the sunrise ones are beautiful and I loved being shown round such a gorgeous ship. Your sense of humour is much appreciated I have laughed out loud, makes the rest of the family wonder what I am reading. The comment about the waiter, the rack and the asparagus - so funny. Loved the reference to northerners too, with 'I'll go to the foot of our stairs' people do really say that believe me!

Glad you are both well after your ordeal and I look forward to reading about your next trip. Will endeavour to check out some of your Alaska reviews in the meantime.

Thank you for entertaining me so well,

Linda

Linda, hi and welcome! Glad that you've been entertained while looking at this dazzling ship.

When you say you "met" me do you mean through my Emerald review or were you the lady who recognized me in Pompeii when we were being guided around?

If so I didn't get your screen name then- you said you just lurk-was that you?

Yes check out Alaska-Diamond Princess shows some down to Earth excursions (no helicopters or float planes) and sunny weather. Stunning ship and best crew to date-people I could banter with.

Venice to Rome was the one where I started taking so many photos (who wouldn't?!) and started our love affair with Rome.

Thanks for the compliments. Much appreciated!

Norris

Hi Norris,

I didn't know Global Entry worked in the ports? Is this a first for you using Global Entry off of a cruise?

It was indeed and saved us a long wait as we were the last people off the ship.

Once we found our bags we were through customs (GE) in under 5 minutes.

Norris

I am so sad that you are home and not entertaining us all from the Silhouette. Please go on another Celebrity cruise soon so we can journey with you again. (I can recommend the 4/4/2016 Equinox!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bess, thank you for your enthusiasm.

If I could sail the Equinox in April I would.

The Reflection next January is pencilled in. Further cruises in 2016 are on temporary hold.

Cheers!

Norris

Norris, looking forward to your final comparison but in the meantime what happened to posts 928-940

Bill, welcome!

I don't know what you mean re posts 928-940. They are still there.

Comparison-Princess and X will show up on the Princess Board.

Norris

Norris,

As I posted early on in your wonderful narrative, I will be sailing on the Silhouette at the end of this month. I can't tell you enough how enjoyable I have found your prose and pictures. I want to add, that based on your review, my sister and I have decided to book the Marriott Beach Harbor for our pre-cruise stay.

Lesa

Lesa- pics of the hotel coming up soon. I think you'll like it. Bring a swimsuit!

Thanks for following along!

Norris

Hi Norris

Thank you again for an enjoyable review. The picture with all of the luggage sitting outside the staterooms, is the saddest picture in any travelogue.:( We will be sailing on the Silhouette in September, so it was nice to see all of the interior photos. We too, also sail Princess and we like choosing between these two lines.

All the best, Denise

Denise, thanks for sticking with the review and for letting me know you're still here.

Agreed that Princess and X offer great experiences.

Cheers,

Norris

Hi Norris,

I'm still on board and enjoying your fine photos and prose.

I hope you do a comparison review of X and Princess. I have sailed Princess 4, times and X 4,times. I have mostly only good things to say about both.

Thanks for your time in doing this thread,

Mark

Mark, thanks for hanging in there!

I too will have mostly good things to say about both lines.

I've enjoyed writing on the X board, especially meeting so many folks I wouldn't come across on the Princess board. I've also been flattered by the number of Princess friends, like yourself, who have come here and perhaps seen X or the Silhouette for the first time and maybe in a new light.

I've got our last 36 hours to cover and then I am done. I started this 3 weeks ago today and have written 500+ posts as I wanted to keep it moving along.

Norris in the home stretch.

Well they are there now lol. Please let us know when you post it so we can look at their board

Will do , Bill.

I'll drop the URL in my signature on this thread.

I have to plan out what I want to say first.

Norris

Hi Norris, sorry for any confusion. I 'met' you virtually when posting on your Emerald Travelogue. Sadly I wasn't really on that cruise but your writing and photos made it a close thing.

Forgot to say I loved the Segway videos, still not certain I'm balanced enough to be able to manage one of those though. The ladies who sang on the train were very entertaining too, not heard Itsy, Bitsy etc etc Bikini for a long time.

The Venice photos, from your other Med report, made me realise I would love to go back there for a few days (rather than just a cruise stop) sometime.

Thanks again, Linda

Hi Norris! :)

GREAT review! Do you have all the Celebrity Daily Newsletters with all the activities? Are you planning on posting them? I was wondering if you can tell me some of the events that happen in the disco? A bunch of us would like to plan an evening when we can meet up there ahead of time. We are interested in either a 70's, 80's, or Motown night?

Norris,

Thanks heaps, loved every word and photo.

So glad you take the time to write this, I also do a review when I get home, but never put so much time and effort in like you do. You inspire us all.

Pat.

Hi Norris, sorry for any confusion. I 'met' you virtually when posting on your Emerald Travelogue. Sadly I wasn't really on that cruise but your writing and photos made it a close thing.

Forgot to say I loved the Segway videos, still not certain I'm balanced enough to be able to manage one of those though. The ladies who sang on the train were very entertaining too, not heard Itsy, Bitsy etc etc Bikini for a long time.

The Venice photos, from your other Med report, made me realise I would love to go back there for a few days (rather than just a cruise stop) sometime.

Thanks again, Linda

Thanks Linda- now I understand our "meeting".

The Segways have 4 gyroscopes to keep them balanced and upright. A trainer helps you get comfortable standing on them before letting you lose. An amazing invention. It's not like riding a bicycle.

We had 20 hours in Venice before we joined our ship. I slept for maybe 6 of them but remember every minute of the other 14.

Norris

Hi Norris! :)

GREAT review! Do you have all the Celebrity Daily Newsletters with all the activities? Are you planning on posting them? I was wondering if you can tell me some of the events that happen in the disco? A bunch of us would like to plan an evening when we can meet up there ahead of time. We are interested in either a 70's, 80's, or Motown night?

Kathy, Carol brings home the daily activities sheets from every cruise we do.

I have never put any in a review as it's so much scanning.

If it's Quasar you are interested in I can list the daily events.

I know we missed some themed dance parties in Sky Lounge and up by the Pool that looked like fun when we watched the video we bought on board. One was an 80's night (Sky Lounge) where the ship's singers and dancers were dressed in 80's clothing.

I'll dig them out and take a look. Watch this space.

Norris

Norris,

Thanks heaps, loved every word and photo.

So glad you take the time to write this, I also do a review when I get home, but never put so much time and effort in like you do. You inspire us all.

Pat.

Pat, thanks for following along and for the kind words!

Norris

Kathy, Carol brings home the daily activities sheets from every cruise we do.

I have never put any in a review as it's so much scanning.

If it's Quasar you are interested in I can list the daily events.

I know we missed some themed dance parties in Sky Lounge and up by the Pool that looked like fun when we watched the video we bought on board. One was an 80's night (Sky Lounge) where the ship's singers and dancers were dressed in 80's clothing.

I'll dig them out and take a look. Watch this space.

Norris

Hi Norris, This would be WONDERFUL!!! If you could please tell me anything that involved dancing and fun this would be great, either in the Sky Lounge, pool deck, or anywhere on ship. Thank you. I bought some glow necklaces and bracelets for all my family/friends! I thought it would add to the fun.

Sunday Jan 17

Quasar 10-11pm DJ Vito's Karaoke Hour

11-late DJ Vito

Sky Lounge 10.45 DJ T. Lake dance party

Monday Jan 18 Sea day

Quasar 9.45-Late DJ T Lake Top 40 Dance Addiction

Sky Lounge 10.45-Late DJ Vito Ultimate Motown

Tuesday Jan 19 San Juan

Grand Foyer 10-11pm DJ Vito Sounds of the 60s

Sky Lounge 10.15-Late DJ T Lake Awesome 80s Dance Party

Quasar 11.15-Late DJ Vito Time Machine

Wednesday Jan 20 St Kitts

Poolside 10.30 -Late Interactive theme dance party with Live band (Front Row) and DJ plus X singers/dancers

Thursday Jan 21 St Maarten

Grand Foyer 10-11pm DJ T Lake 70s Night Fever Dance Party

Friday Jan 22 At sea

Quasar 9.45-10.45 pm DJ Vito Le Chic dance celebration

Sky Lounge 10-11.15pm Under the Big Top dance party with DJ T Lake

Quasar 10.45pm- late Late Night Latin with DJ Vito

Saturday Jan 23 At sea

Grand Foyer 6.15-7pm Ballroom dancing with DJ Vito

8 -8.45pm Dancing with the Officers-music by Front Row

Martini Bar 10.45-Late Ice Sculptures and music from the 80s and 90s DJ

Vito

Quasar 11pm-Late Last One Standing with DJ Vito

Sunday Jan 17

Quasar 10-11pm DJ Vito's Karaoke Hour

11-late DJ Vito

Sky Lounge 10.45 DJ T. Lake dance party

Monday Jan 18 Sea day

Quasar 9.45-Late DJ T Lake Top 40 Dance Addiction

Sky Lounge 10.45-Late DJ Vito Ultimate Motown

Tuesday Jan 19 San Juan

Grand Foyer 10-11pm DJ Vito Sounds of the 60s

Sky Lounge 10.15-Late DJ T Lake Awesome 80s Dance Party

Quasar 11.15-Late DJ Vito Time Machine

Wednesday Jan 20 St Kitts

Poolside 10.30 -Late Interactive theme dance party with Live band (Front Row) and DJ plus X singers/dancers

Thursday Jan 21 St Maarten

Grand Foyer 10-11pm DJ T Lake 70s Night Fever Dance Party

Friday Jan 22 At sea

Quasar 9.45-10.45 pm DJ Vito Le Chic dance celebration

Sky Lounge 10-11.15pm Under the Big Top dance party with DJ T Lake

Quasar 10.45pm- late Late Night Latin with DJ Vito

Saturday Jan 23 At sea

Grand Foyer 6.15-7pm Ballroom dancing with DJ Vito

8 -8.45pm Dancing with the Officers-music by Front Row

Martini Bar 10.45-Late Ice Sculptures and music from the 80s and 90s DJ

Vito

Quasar 11pm-Late Last One Standing with DJ Vito

Norris you ROCK!!! ;):D Thank you very much for taking the time to share with me! :)

Hi Norris, I have really enjoyed following your review. Loved all the photos! Hope to cross paths again on another cruise.

Cathy

Cathy from the Hideaway!

Thanks for reading along. I'm glad you found me here but I am sure I shamelessly plugged my "Upcoming Epic". Carol says Hi.

It was nice to have met you!

Norris

Norris,

One more favor, when you have time, On embarkation day what are the hours of Future Cruise Vacation Center? The current pick two promo's end on February 28, the day we get on ship. THANK YOU!!! :)

Kathy- 12 noon until 8 pm.

Norris

Booking our next X cruise

In the last day's Celebrity Today newsletter there was an insert that caught Carol's eye. The title was Our Best Offer Ever

As we had enjoyed our first X cruise we thought it wouldn't hurt to think about another one while still on board. If it did hurt we had Advil standing by.

I went down to the Future cruise sales office and the joint was jumping mid afternoon. All 5 associates had customers so I snagged some one page brochures to take back to the room. The office was open 9 am to 9 pm

After the show and before dinner we both went to the office and found perky Louise. We wound up booking a cruise on the Reflection doing the same route

in January 2017. Reflection passes our Lawn Club Grill/hammock test.

We booked the same suite 7309.

Included;

Premium Beverage package

Unlimited Internet

Gratuities paid

$550 OBC (Yikes!)

Deposit was $25 each and of course we can switch to a different ship/itinerary.

Something to look forward to next January!

Norris

Congratulations! It always makes me feel great to have something "on the books". I sure wish you would have chosen to come along through the Panama Canal on your 1st M Class though. You and your dear wife would have made a great addition to our Infinity roll call! Hoping we cross wakes sometime in the future! This has been delightful entertainment.

Who's Who on Board

Thumbnail biographies of your Officers on Board

CAPTAIN: EMMANOUIL ALEVROPOULOS

When he's not in his rum-soaked hammock Captain Alevropoulos likes to sound the ship's horn.

HOTEL DIRECTOR: RAFFAELE BERNARDINI

Signori Bernardini comes to us from the Italian hotel chain Giorni Taverna (Days Inn) where he introduced the "tiny bar of soap and ragged towel" concept to much acclaim. On board the Silhouette he likes to spend most of his time napping in his cabin.

STAFF CAPTAIN: VITTORIO CANTU

As Staff Captain Vittorio is 2nd in Command and in charge of mooring the vessel.

Although seldom seen on deck he can usually be found in his cabin "tying one on"

EXECUTIVE CHEF: DENTON EARL LAING

Denton comes to us after running a successful Jerk Chicken stand in Ocho Rios.

What's his secret to good Jerk Chicken? "The chicken has to be dead maan-ya can't spice him up just so if he's runnin' around flapping' dem wings. I was the first to advertise "dead chicken spiced up nice" and my business had been cool runnin' until I got this job. Irie!

GUEST RELATIONS MANAGER:CAMERON ROBERTSON

Cameron took several initiatives upon joining the Silhouette team: "the first thing I did was to unplug all the phones-this way Guests aren't holding on the line forever.

No one likes to be kept waiting-that's Hospitality 101."