Booking Island Marketing or Shore Excursioneer

poisonivynicole

We will be in Belize for the first time in March and its also the first time I will be bringing my 9 year old daughter out of the country. None of the Carnival cruise excursions really interest us and/or my daughter would like to do. I think Goffs Caye is really where we would like to go but of course this is not a Carnival excursion. I have done a little research and these two companies seem to be the ones that come up. I am hesitant to book outside the cruise ship in a place I have never been to but I also don't want to just sit on the ship. I would love to hear any experiences with these companies. Please help with any comments. Thank you!

Used Island Marketing about a year and half ago for a trip to Goffs Caye. Had no problems whatsoever. They ask you to put down a 20% deposit and pay the rest in cash at the dock. Island Marketing doesn't actually do the excursion, I think it was Eco Tours, but I am probably wrong. This is how it worked, we got off the tender. There are a lot of excursion operators at the dock looking for their customers. We found the Island Marketing guy pretty quick, he had a sign that matched our confirmation. He took us to their counter, Eco Tours, in a building at the dock. We paid, received bracelets and went back to the dock where the boat picked us up along with probably a dozen others. We boarded and off we went, past our ship, to the Caye. Our children (11, 9, 5) had a great time snorkeling and swimming in the water, as did we. There is some food and drink for purchase, which alright. There were some locals there having a party with music, which added to the fun. We will probably go back in October and use Island Marketing again. Hope this helps.

Used Island Marketing about a year and half ago for a trip to Goffs Caye. Had no problems whatsoever. They ask you to put down a 20% deposit and pay the rest in cash at the dock. Island Marketing doesn't actually do the excursion, I think it was Eco Tours, but I am probably wrong. This is how it worked, we got off the tender. There are a lot of excursion operators at the dock looking for their customers. We found the Island Marketing guy pretty quick, he had a sign that matched our confirmation. He took us to their counter, Eco Tours, in a building at the dock. We paid, received bracelets and went back to the dock where the boat picked us up along with probably a dozen others. We boarded and off we went, past our ship, to the Caye. Our children (11, 9, 5) had a great time snorkeling and swimming in the water, as did we. There is some food and drink for purchase, which alright. There were some locals there having a party with music, which added to the fun. We will probably go back in October and use Island Marketing again. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the information. How long were you on the island for? Were you able to leave when you wanted to or was it a designated time to leave. Of course I am nervous about not getting back to the ship in time especially since its a tender situation.

We were there probably 3 - 3 1/2 hours. Its about a 20 minute boat ride out there and back to, you'll pass your cruise ship going there and back. When we were coming back it was pouring down rain, the children thought it was great. You are on a schedule, so you will return with the boat that brought you to the island. I wouldn't worry about not getting back in time, we were back way before the last tender.

We have used Island Marketing for years and countless cruises all over the Caribbean...never a problem and once in Belize, it rained and I did not want to go, in short, the vendor was happy to refund our money. They credited our CC.

Going for the second time to Goff's Caye in April with 16 family members using them again, it is fabulous although a tad rustic. Like your own deserted island. There will be no problems with getting back on time...here is a good video of it:

Cannot speak for the other company, but feel you can trust Island Marketing.

Edited by BecciBoo

So funny, poisonivynicole...I couldn't find anything in this forum, so I posted pretty much the same in 'Ask a Question.'

These answers are very helpful! We'll be in Belize in a couple of weeks. If we do book with Island Marketing (I'm not the only decision maker), I'll let you know.

Thanks BecciBoo and PacificMountain2012!!

We used Exotic Eco Adventures in December. They were really good to us. My tip is to check to see how many cruise ships are in port first. If there are more than 2, the small caye may be too crowded. We only had our ship in port and it was very nice. Cruisett is where you go to look and see how many ships in port.

We used Exotic Eco Adventures in December. They were really good to us. My tip is to check to see how many cruise ships are in port first. If there are more than 2, the small caye may be too crowded. We only had our ship in port and it was very nice. Cruisett is where you go to look and see how many ships in port.

I don't think this site is entirely accurate. On May 3 it doesn't show the Magic being in Belize, it shows Valor and I don't see where Valor is there on that date.

I don't think this site is entirely accurate. On May 3 it doesn't show the Magic being in Belize, it shows Valor and I don't see where Valor is there on that date.

Make sure the right year is selected. I notice it automatically defaults to 2015. I was on there and it took me a minute to realize it was the wrong year.

• 2 months later...