HOOVES or CHUKKA COVE RIDING?

sparky3229

Trying to decide which one to use. I think they are both $65/person, and both go in the water at the beach. Is the rest of the ride walking (and boring-kids interpretation)? CVould use some opinions from those who have ridden at either place. I have a few places I know to book through, so I am not necessarily looking for who to book with. I just want to know about the rides.

bump...I am hoping that maybe someone has just come back recently and has been riding. I think at this point I have chosen Hooves. Now, should I book diorectly through them (it includes transportation), or with Marva Shaw? She wants to also give us a "tour", but I just want transportation, then be dropped of in Ocho Rios for lunch.

sparky,

Unfortunately, I can't give you an actual review of the Chukka Cove excursion. However, I can tell you that my DH and I did see the Chukka Cove facilities and land where the horses are kept. We did The Original Canopy Tour w/Chukka Cove and we made a stop at the Chukka Cove grounds. They have the stables/fields, a bar, giftshop, mini Jerk stand and very clean restroom facilities on-site. All the horses looked very well cared for and looked well fed. Know this isn't a lot of information but I saw that no one had responded to your inquiry.

You might want to do a search for horseback riding on this forum (Jamaica). I just got finished posting to another thread that was also discussing this very topic but I can't remember the title of the thread. There were a good number of responses that might help you make your decision. Good luck!

hi sparky

didnt do the horseriding but can endorse marva shaw, she will take you wherever you want, you can just let her know what you want to do and at what time, she is very reliable and very friendly, we had a great day with her :) :)

Archived