Do most cruises sell out?

goldgirl2

Freedom class and above tend to sail to capacity, I've noticed. As for groups, not really, unless the group has a website, like the biker group that goes on Freedom, or the heavy metal group. I guess you could google it, but RCI isn't going to divulge that info.

Edited by QueenofKrakatoa
Autocorrect

I'm told that most cruises sail out of Baltimore at capacity but I don't have any numbers on that.

Some people use other social media to talk about upcoming cruises so Roll Calls here can be hit or miss. I'm fortunate to be involved in a very active one ahead of our next sailing.

I continue to be amazed that Cruise Critic is not universally used by all fellow cruisers, given the wealth of information here.

I looked at our cruise today and it is sold out. I'm rather surprised because the roll call for our sailing had almost no participation. I'm wondering if there may be a large group on board. Is there a way to find that out?

With regard to finding groups on a cruise, I've been able to do internet searches using the name of the ship and the date in different forms.

Our cruise on board Liberty in 11/12 was not at capacity, I'm sure of that at least. It was the first sailing back in the states from being in Europe, and it was only 5nights in November, so those were all factors that contributed to the PAX number. If I had to estimate, it was only 75% full. Dining rooms and Theaters were always half full. Even Windjammer at breakfast was easy to find seating. Still tough to get a poolside lounger though...

It's not a huge surprise that your roll call is quiet even on a sold-out sailing. I've heard that CC members often are just 3-5% of a ship's passengers. No idea how accurate that is but...seems plausible.

My guestimate would be even less than that. On a big ship with 5000 pax, 5% would mean 250 on CC on that particular cruise and it seems like a lot. I'd venture a guess of 1% or even less.

dp

Seems be the case...my cruise in Feb on Brilliance is sold out...well except a couple grand suite's left.

I guess RCI isn't having any problem filling their ships even at high prices and terrible BOGO's promos, and no drink package's included or any other perks really compared to some other cruise lines.