Drink Packages

hiprep

Just booked for cruise on Fantasia in March, our first time on MSC. I am a little confused by all the different drink packages and wonder if anyone can clear up a few things for me.

On the MSC website it doesn't mention whether we have both got to take the same packages, but I have read somewhere that this is so. We are not interested in the full packages because OH does not drink alcohol although I do. Thinking of soft drink package, coffee package and maybe water package. I myself would have liked the one with wine and bottled water but if we both have to take it my husband wouldn't benefit.

Also if ordered on line before the cruise do we pay straight away or does it go on the on board account.

Would appreciate any information on this and any other tips on MSC cruising.

Just booked for cruise on Fantasia in March, our first time on MSC. I am a little confused by all the different drink packages and wonder if anyone can clear up a few things for me.

On the MSC website it doesn't mention whether we have both got to take the same packages, but I have read somewhere that this is so. We are not interested in the full packages because OH does not drink alcohol although I do. Thinking of soft drink package, coffee package and maybe water package. I myself would have liked the one with wine and bottled water but if we both have to take it my husband wouldn't benefit.

Also if ordered on line before the cruise do we pay straight away or does it go on the on board account.

Would appreciate any information on this and any other tips on MSC cruising.

If it is any of the all inclusive or unlimited packages then you both must buy the same packages.

If it is individual drinks packages where it is for say 14 bottles of water etc, you don't have to both buy them. They work on a book of vouchers so you just hand one over and get the drink back. MSC doesn't have any risk of one person giving additional drinks to the other with these packages since they are just a set number of a specific drink for a specific drink and they won't care whether you or your husband ends up drinking them. I used to share these when I travelled with someone.