Norwegian Dawn Upgrade?

jomoin

We are disembarking the Dawn today...they are trying to have everyone off by 830. We have a 130pm flight, so we are stalling. Lol

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize Dawn was returning today. I thought when she left last week she was doing a re-positioning cruise. Where did you guys go?

We've booked a 9th floor inside cabin on the Norwegian Dawn on March 6th. In checking the current pricing, the category room we've booked is now $300 less. We've contacted NCL to see about an upgrade and the only thing they would offer is a porthole room on deck 4. We are not so sure that would actually be an upgrade. I know technically a porthole cabin is always considered an upgrade over an inside cabin, but I question the location on deck 4. They refused to offer any other type of compensation for the difference is price. Any other thoughts on this? We sailed on other lines having OV and inside cabins and have never really thought the OV was worth the actual $$$ to us. This is our 40th anniversary trip and the first time with NCL. I must say our initial opinion of NCL isn't terribly high at this point.

They are only going to upgrade you to next category up and actually deck 4 OV is 2 categories up from inside.

Edited by Arzeena

Lanameister, I'm glad your TA was able to get something out of NCL. Congrats! We just noticed NCL is now offering a guaranteed balcony for less money than what we paid for our inside cabin. We called to see if we could upgrade and they refused. We also asked if they would consider offering us any of the nicer "extras" such as the UBP since we apparently overpaid for our indoor cabin, and they also refused. I asked very nicely, but no go. We are definitely not impressed with NCL's cust serv! As a first time cruiser on NCL, I can vouch that the other cruise lines are definitely more generous and willing to work with the customer.

You cannot expect any cruise line to do charity in the name of generous customer service. You are expecting a lot. They DID offer you an upgrade to an OV and you want more???