Amy I crazy to pre-purchase (or not) Royal Replenishment?

Amy5000

I was going to purchase the Royal Replenishment for myself on our 10 day sailing in April. I was surprised that it costs $22.42 per day! I expected it would be less. Does the price ever go down? Will it cost more on-board? I probably should just do this in advance b/c I know that those lattes will add up....:cool:

I was going to purchase the Royal Replenishment for myself on our 10 day sailing in April. I was surprised that it costs $22.42 per day! I expected it would be less. Does the price ever go down? Will it cost more on-board? I probably should just do this in advance b/c I know that those lattes will add up....:cool:

Unlikely the price will go down. Usually the price is the same on board. However, if you purchase pre-cruise and Royal later raises the price, you won't have to pay the higher price.

Sadly the price doesn't usually go down, usually it's the same price on-board.

I usually buy mine before the cruise so it's paid off ahead of time and I'm locked in with the price. I did that package on our cruise and it was worth it's weight in gold between coffee and water bottles.

it costs the same onboard or as a pre-purchase. the price recently went up a little bit, but it had been $22 for quite a while before that, so not a huge hike. i think it started at $19 back when first introduced.

not really any benefit to pre-purchasing vs buying onboard, though if you pre-purchase you lock in the price in case it goes up again. however, if you buy onboard, you will get your soda cup right when you purchase it; if you pre-purchased, your cup will be waiting in your room so you can't use the freestyle machines (if you ship has them) until you can get into the staterooms. that's pretty much the only difference i can think of. if you decide to buy onboard, there are tons of places to do it, including a huge table you can't miss in front of the windjammer buffet on most ships.

fwiw, i am not a huge drinker and i pretty much break even, and maybe get a little ahead on trips that have a lot of sea days or on ships that have a freestyle machine. i like the flexibility of it, though - i don't spend much onboard, so sometimes i hesitate to buy a drink when i really want it if i don't have the package, so the package frees me up a bit to get what i want without stressing about it. the bottled water is also handy to take on shore excursions etc.

I bought this package for our LOS sailing June 2015 - I never regretted it. I pre-purchased it before sailing - this worked for me because it was paid prior to the cruise and I didn't have to worry about the cost and it did go up slightly after I bought it. I agree that having the package meant I ordered drinks more willingly and had a better overall experience - between fresh squeezed juice in the morning, bottle water for all excursions, bottled juice and soda by the pool, and hot chocolates I broke even every day. As a non-alcholic drinker I thought this package was good value.