Only One Shore Excursions Listed for My Cruise

Raven Days

I am booked on the Liberty for 1/9/17 and there is only ONE excursion listed and FTTF is also not listed. I called Carnival and no one has an explanation. I have booked way in advance before and never had an issue with it. I booked my Sept. 2016 cruise last Sept. and was able to see excursions right away and booked FTTF the same day. I am just mystified.

Has anyone else had the same thing happen? :confused:

While I have no inside information, one possible explanation may be contract negotiations. When Carnival, or any business, and the vendor negotiate their contracts there is a time range. IF the contracts are expiring say sometime late 2016 they would not post 2017 until those negotiations are finalized.

Alaska is also one that seems to lag behind too. Which is where my theory of contract negotiations stems. Early in 2012 I contacted a vendor regarding an excursion for a trip in July of 2013. I was told at that time they were in talks with Carnival and if they contracted with Carnival then I could not book directly with them. (all of which I already knew) By June of 2012 they were listed with Carnival.

Now, FTTF is an entirely different ballgame. Again, no inside info but perhaps your cruise will be a premier cruise and there will be a more limited amount of FTTF passes available. Maybe they just haven't loaded them in the system yet.