Perks?

okeytaco

We're not new to cruising but new to MSC. We usually book to take advantage of some advertised perks like drink package or free upgrades, etc. We'll be doing a TA with NCL and want to take a Med. cruise out of Barcelona the same day we arrive on NCL in Barcelona. Right now there are no perks for that time period being offered. It's 15 months away so I'm content to wait to book until something is offered. What are my chances of there being offers in the next 15 months?

:):):) I guess I didn't phrase that well! What I really should have asked is if MSC frequently has special offers thorough out the year or if they are few and far between. I'm just totally unfamiliar with this line. I saw that great 2 for 1 balcony special. Good deal for you! Maybe they'll offer something that nice for the Mediterranean.

They appear to do a lot of specials in the US for sailings out of the US, as they are still building market there. I don't know for sure being based in Europe but as they have a good market share over here and their Med cruises are popular, they have less need to provide loads of incentives to attract US customers onboard, particularly as they don't even add up to 1% of total pax onboard.

I think you'll find MSC USA targets its offers on the Divina or still to be built Seaside and although they will take bookings for Med cruises, they will be routing to Europe.

Each MSC regional office has their own pricing strange.

If you have any accumulated higher status with another line, that may be the route to perks via their status match programme.

Thanks, AmoMondo. That makes a lot of sense. I'm going to sit tight for a while and see what happens. Right now they are being quite stingy with cabin choices except in the highest categories I guess hoping to sell the more undesirable ones first. I'll wait for a good location to become available and book with or without perks.

Thanks, AmoMondo. That makes a lot of sense. I'm going to sit tight for a while and see what happens. Right now they are being quite stingy with cabin choices except in the highest categories I guess hoping to sell the more undesirable ones first. I'll wait for a good location to become available and book with or without perks.

That is another "country" thing. Each regional,office gets an allocation. I suspect since so fe Americans book Med sailings with them, they get a really small allocation. uk will get more as they gave an increasing customer base and Med is a favourite destination for is but countries like Germany and Italy.

They don't seem to work in like a global airline would with all available seats , available for any passenger to purchase regardless of where they live.

April/May is not high season, so I'd wait a bit.

Another option might be to book via a European TA to get better choice but you'd be booked under The T&Cs of that European country. Deposits are slightly higher over here and are non refundable unless it's them cancelling unlike in the US.