Help needed for first Disney Cruise

5soccer9

This is my first Disney cruise but I have cruises other lines about 20 times. I have gone on the website but I am lost. As my cruise gets closer do I print out the luggage tags and boarding pass like I do on other lines? Do I need to do anything else ahead of time beside make reservations for the ports? Do I need to do anything regarding the restaurants? We are an older couple but our son and his family are also going. Do they need to do anything special for their son? Any special events they should look into? Any help you can give me would be great. I feel so lost on this. Thanks so much. :)

About 30 days before your cruise, you will receive a package in the mail which will contain your luggage tags and an info packet from DCL. There will be 2 tags for each person. If you need more, they can be obtained at the welcome center at MCO, at bell services at any WDW resort, or from the porters at the cruise terminal.

75 days before embarkation, you will be able to do on line check in for your cruise on the DCL web site. DO THIS. It will save time and effort at check in. If you need help, ask here.

How old is the grandchild? 3-17, nothing needed. Under 3, you can make nursery reservations for times desired.

If you want to do adult dining, you will need to make those reservations ($30-80 per person depending on which ship, restaurant, and dinner vs. brunch.) This is done on line at the same area as the on line check in. Otherwise you don't need to do anything about dining. I'm guessing that your travel agent was smart enough to "link" your reservations so the two families will be seated together at dinner. You might want to check on this.

As you noted--port reservations as desired.

Tickets are free but needed for the princess gathering and the Frozen characters meet and greets. These are available after boarding. Check the location on the Welcome Aboard Navigator that you can get in the terminal. It is usually at either Guest Services or Port Adventures.

You'll probably find that there is more alike than different when you compare DCL to other lines. The ships are prettier than the others we've done and the entertainment is better, but otherwise, pretty similar.

Edited by moki'smommy

About 30 days before your cruise' date=' you will receive a package in the mail which will contain your luggage tags and an info packet from DCL. There will be 2 tags for each person. If you need more, they can be obtained at the welcome center at MCO, at bell services at any WDW resort, or from the porters at the cruise terminal.

75 days before embarkation, you will be able to do on line check in for your cruise on the DCL web site. DO THIS. It will save time and effort at check in. If you need help, ask here.

How old is the grandchild? 3-17, nothing needed. Under 3, you can make nursery reservations for times desired.

If you want to do adult dining, you will need to make those reservations ($30-80 per person depending on which ship, restaurant, and dinner vs. brunch.) This is done on line at the same area as the on line check in. Otherwise you don't need to do anything about dining. I'm guessing that your travel agent was smart enough to "link" your reservations so the two families will be seated together at dinner. You might want to check on this.

As you noted--port reservations as desired.

Tickets are free but needed for the princess gathering and the Frozen characters meet and greets. These are available after boarding. Check the location on the Welcome Aboard Navigator that you can get in the terminal. It is usually at either Guest Services or Port Adventures.

You'll probably find that there is more alike than different when you compare DCL to other lines. The ships are prettier than the others we've done and the entertainment is better, but otherwise, pretty similar.[/quote']

Thank you so so much for all the information. It really helps. We always print our luggage tags and boarding passes before we go. Theyy stopped coming in the mail years ago. We are very excited about this cruise. We love cruising and love Disney. Thanks again for helping. I am sure I will have more questions as it gets closer.