Air/Sea Program

Stevedan

We are booked on the Harmony from Florida and need air from EWR or LGA to FLL. I was surprised when I found out from RCCL that we would have to pay air now, when we make the reservation, and it was nonrefundable. I thought we would pay the air when we pay for the cruise, so there would be no penalty if cancelling before final payment.

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't want to be stuck paying for air tickets if we have to cancel the cruise.

Thanks!

We are booked on the Harmony from Florida and need air from EWR or LGA to FLL. I was surprised when I found out from RCCL that we would have to pay air now, when we make the reservation, and it was nonrefundable. I thought we would pay the air when we pay for the cruise, so there would be no penalty if cancelling before final payment.

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't want to be stuck paying for air tickets if we have to cancel the cruise.

Thanks!

Royal used to have a program called Flex that let you reserve your air and freeze the price, but not have to pay in full until cruise final payment date. However, they discontinued that program a year or two ago.

I can see why you may have expected that. But take a step back and think about how airplane tickets work. No matter where you buy them now-a-days - you have to buy them immediately. No "reservations". I think once you make that mental shift it won't bother you anymore.

Thanks!

You could always book on Southwest. Go with the fully refundable option. Another option is to save money and pick the non-refundable and if you canx the trip you get the price as a credit (i think a $50 fee). Long Island -Islip (ISP) has some non-stop flights to FLL.

Thanks!

Best suggestion, I would head to florida the day before the cruise. This way your airfare can be cheap by doing it on your own. I also recommend not to fly out of EWR because it the highest pay fare in the nation. It also recommend to fly a day earlier in case bad weather along the eastern coastline. Also book a flight after the cruise rush home so the price is cheaper.

My secenerio on Allure 2010. I was looking for cheapest possible flight which was Spirit out of ACY. I book it a day earlier to guarantee myself to be there. I book to a hotel which was pretty average and continental breakfast in the am called LaQuinta. There is a free shuttle van between the airport and hotel. When we got there there is a free shuttle ride to the cruise terminal. Don't book it the other way. The terminal Harmony will be dock in is right next to the gate. You can get a taxi real fast and get out with no congestion from other terminal. By the time i got back i booked myself to 4 pm because the disembarkation was a little messy that morning. I got to the airport and most flight was cancelled due to winter storm. Our flight was the only one on the runway to ACY.

Thanks!

I would fly in the day before and book your own air independently. ChoiceAir domestic fares can be much higher than booking on your own.

You can also take out 3rd party air insurance through Allianz that would cover the cost of your air fare if you have to cancel.