Steakhouse / wine question

beachbum53

I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this question. Our PVP did not. I know that when you eat in the steakhouse on the first night, you get a free bottle of wine. There will be four of us, in two separate cabins. We'll all be on one reservation. Is it one free bottle per reservation, or per cabin? And please, no comments about whether or not the wine is good. We're not wine connoisseurs. Thank-you.

Perhaps it depends on the ship or the hostess? Last October we were on the Breeze and went to the Steakhouse with about 14 in our group. We all opted to do the 50% off our choice of wine instead of the free bottle.

I guess because we bought our wine, we were each able to choose what we wanted per each couple. Although at first we wanted a choice between red and white, so they were going to bring us 6 bottles for our table (one couple does not drink)....but when they told us about the 50% option, we took that.

So we had great food AND great wine! It was a good night had by all :D

We were given 1 bottle for 4 people (2 separate cabins). We ordered the red wine and it was so gross none of us could finish a glass. I love red wine and normally drink cheap $5/bottle wine, but this one was horrible.

Hey, the wine is free. If it's so bad that you can't drink it, you can always use it to clean your flip-flops. :D

I thought I read on this board a few weeks ago that if you don't take the free bottle of wine in the steakhouse that you can buy a bottle for 50% off? And that if you want to buy multiple different bottles at 50% you can. If that is true, how do you store the other bottles that you don't drink in the Steakhouse?

Can you have them sent to your stateroom? or the MDR for other evenings?

Free is free, but we always take advantage of the 50% off bottles of wine that is generally offered the first evening and the first formal evening (may vary by ship as you know). It generally brings down the price of a bottle to what you would pay at home for it. Some ship steakhouses will even allow to purchase additional bottles those promotional evenings to consume outside of the steakhouse.

I thought I read on this board a few weeks ago that if you don't take the free bottle of wine in the steakhouse that you can buy a bottle for 50% off? And that if you want to buy multiple different bottles at 50% you can. If that is true, how do you store the other bottles that you don't drink in the Steakhouse?

Can you have them sent to your stateroom? or the MDR for other evenings?

Depends on the ship. A couple of times they just let us walk out with them. Majority of the time they deliver to the stateroom and we receive it within a couple of hours after we leave the steakhouse. I can not answer for delivery to the MDR, but I can not see why they would not. If we want to consume a bottle in the MDR, we just take the bottle with us and the waiter takes care of the rest.

Depends on the ship. A couple of times they just let us walk out with them. Majority of the time they deliver to the stateroom and we receive it within a couple of hours after we leave the steakhouse. I can not answer for delivery to the MDR, but I can not see why they would not. If we want to consume a bottle in the MDR, we just take the bottle with us and the waiter takes care of the rest.

Thank you for your help Capo Capitan!

Hello,

Just booked it for upcoming March cruise on Freedom. Looks like it is on first night AND first Elegant night, per reservation vs cabin. I have pasted the exact email below for reference. Could be different for each ship though. Hope this helps.

Your reservation request for 2 Guests at 6:00pm on Mar 19, 2016 has been confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at fdsupper@carnival.com

I will do my best to accommodate you at another time.

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Manager,

Kristina Popic

Carnival Freedom

P.S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse Embarkation and first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise!

Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list!

On Dream in July we had reservations for 2 people and my son and his wife had reservations for 2 people also. They were totally separate reservations. When we got to the steak house, we asked if we could all eat together and there was no problem.

I asked about 2 bottles of wine and we were told 1 per table. I said fine, then please put us at two tables. The waitress had to check the manager, but they did give us 2 bottles.

I wouldn't do it again, but it made no sense to me as we were two separate reservations as well as cabins.

When I was on the Sunshine last year, I recall talking to our waiter about this, I think he said it's a bottle for every 2 people, or every portion thereof. Or if you had 3 people it would be 2 bottles. I just made a reservation for 12, and I will get the 6 free bottles or 50%s off, I'm a bit determined.