Transport from Pt. Everglades to Miami Airport?

NickAndysMom

My family & I will be cruising out of Port Everglades in March of 2006. After the cruise, we will need to go directly from the ship to the Miami Airport for a mid-afternoon flight home.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what type of transportation we should arrange?

There will be 6 of us total - 4 adults & 2 kids (ages 5 & 8). Would limosine service make the most sense? Will cruise luggage for 6 people fit in a limosine? Any recommendations on which company to use?

Has anyone used a charter bus service?

Not sure that taxis make sense, since we'll need more than one. Plus, I think it would be best to have it arranged before we leave for the trip. (I've cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale before & it was a ZOO when we got off the ship.) My only concern about pre-arranging it, though, is that it will be hard to pinpoint a pick-up time.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi ,

Since we are not allowed to post names on theboards, if you will email me :reinapye@aol.com I will email you the name and number of who I use, he is wonderful are reasonable as well, not going to rake you.

Luv2cruize

Hi ,

Since we are not allowed to post names on theboards, if you will email me :reinapye@aol.com I will email you the name and number of who I use, he is wonderful are reasonable as well, not going to rake you.

Luv2cruize

I thought it was only TA's names we couldn't post. :confused: I think you are safe in posting a limo or taxi service name.

On our last trip to Miami we used "super shuttle" and were quite pleased with the service. At the Miami airport just check in with the supper shuttle attendant and he/she will have a Van for you in no time. I notice the price is now $23 per person. http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/mia.htm#Sample

We will be leaving again from LAX to Miami for a cruise on the Sea Princess next March 11 and will be using the Super Shuttle for transportation to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I don't know what transportation we will use to MIA from the ship on the return but there are some interesting comments on this thread which are helpful. Thanks for posting.

SaltwaterTwo

Archived