What would you do ?

Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to contribute to this thread !

I have been in touch with Crown and Anchor who have now done some complicated sounding manouvers and transfered my reservation to the new promotion ! This means I will not lose the deposit and gain the two Select Packages , worth around USD1000 .

The representative would not go into details , but it looks like the root of the willingless to price match might of been the fact Ive been told complete c**p on the phone ( price match !! accessible cabins costing more than the website quotes! making it sounds like it would be more exppensive to cancel and rebook, probably all lies !?) which obviously helped with the booking decision and therefore put it on shaky grounds when it comes to a debate.

I am surprised at how many people would let this go and accept paying a much higher price for what is basically the same product. Sure, I was sulking because we are paying more than others , but I was also fighting a corner for what I`ve been promised, which was best price for the product.

In short, all resolved in a satisfactory manner and really very impressed with C&A , with whom I`ve not had dealings with before. I resolve to make use of an American based TA to avoid this happening again in the future, and look forward to 2017 itineraries being released :D

I hope that explains it all. If I missed any questions I`ll try to revisit this if anyone needs more detail.

L x

I'm pleased that you were able to get it sorted to your satisfaction. It seems you were a victim of mis-information from RCI, something that is not uncommon sadly but I'm pleased they were able to help.

However, I just want to say that the advice you received saying to leave the booking was based on the best knowledge of RCI UK T&C's. I also stand by the fact you wouldn't have booked if you weren't happy with the original price; it's the same as any major purchase and not being able to get a refund of the difference if it ends up in a sale.

It's also why I mentioned I now book in the US for the flexibility that booking in the UK doesn't afford. Good luck with your future bookings, I am sure the flexibility and the (usually) more reasonable fares will be great.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

However, I just want to say that the advice you received saying to leave the booking was based on the best knowledge of RCI UK T&C's. I also stand by the fact you wouldn't have booked if you weren't happy with the original price; it's the same as any major purchase and not being able to get a refund of the difference if it ends up in a sale.

And I agree that yes, while it was at the top end of my budget, it was a price I was prepared to pay , though grugingly. It is more than I`ve paid before, for longer cruises, and not on my first choice of ship either. The addition of the packages just sweetens what what shaping up to be a pretty sour experience. If I`m stuck to booking with them over the phone and I can`t trust/believe what they`re seling me, then well - game over.