Carnival Glory Questions

jesskuhmarie

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking at scheduling a cruise on the Carnival Glory for May 7th of this year. I have cruised once before, last May, on the Norwegian Sky. I'm thinking of booking today but want to get some feedback before I select a room.

I'm looking at room 1390 currently, an oceanview midship room on Deck 1. I was first looking at room 1301 and read a few negative reviews about it being just over the crew galley and loud all hours of the day and night. Does anyone know if 1390 would be in a more quiet area?

I'm also still teetering on picking my actual room vs. saving $100 and letting them pick for me. I would prefer to be mid ship, mostly since its smoother and less noisy from what I've read. Is choosing this option similar to a guarantee room where I could potentially get better than an oceanview?

I'm also wondering how carnivals upgrades and what not work. The rate I'm looking at currently says it includes price protection, what does that mean?

I know on Norwegian I was able to call when the prices decrease a week or two before our cruise, and I paid the difference between the inside room and balcony (only about ~$150) and was able to upgrade. I could have upgraded to an oceanview for free since it was at that point down to the price I had paid. Is that how Carnival works as well?

Thanks everyone!

Edited by jesskuhmarie

1390 is a very good location.

I am a light sleeper and would not be happy if I got a room that has potential for noise, so it's not worth $100 for me. Others have taken the guarantee and been happy, but then it has worked the opposite as well.

If you book Early Saver you can get price drops up until 2 days before sailing. You must keep on top of the rates and contact Carnival if you book direct or your TA if you use one as Carnival will not discuss your booking with you at all in the latter case.

Edited by firemanbobswife

1390 is a very good location.

I am a light sleeper and would not be happy if I got a room that has potential for noise, so it's not worth $100 for me. Others have taken the guarantee and been happy, but then it has worked the opposite as well.

If you book Early Saver you can get price drops up until 2 days before sailing. You must keep on top of the rates and contact Carnival if you book direct or your TA if you use one as Carnival will not discuss your booking with you at all in the latter case.

Thanks for the response! I see you've been on Glory multiple times, I'd love any extra tips specific to Carnival or the ship!

As far as excursions go I'm currently looking at doing the Amazing Secret River in Cozumel and the Tabyana Beach Day & Gumbalimba in Mahogany Bay. Not sure about Belize or Grand Caymen, I definitely won't be booking excursions on every stop so I need to look into if there are beaches or things to do within a walk or short taxi on the other stops. If you have experience with either of those or any suggestions on excursions I'd love to hear those as well!

We always go to Mr Sanchos in Cozumel now, but have done the Jeep tour to Punta Sur our first time there. It was fun.

In Roatan we went to Little French Key. It was awesome. You book it though their website not Carnival.

Grand Cayman we have done the Turtle Farm on our own. It was OK. The turtles are raised mostly for food so that was kind of sad.

Belize we had no desire to do anything. Cave tubing is so far away and after talking with people that went they said it wasn't worth the long drive for the little time in the water.

Edited by firemanbobswife

The ship itself is wonderful. Great crew. I love the Serenity deck.

There is a hot tub that is only accessible through the locker rooms in the Spa area. It's tucked away so it's not usually full.

There are "Secret decks" on decks 6 and 7 forward where you can get out to the front of the ship for good pics. It's very windy up there when underway so I usually like to go there while in port or when pulling in/out.

I actually booked room 1301 for May 28. That was before I knew about this board and the ability to see room reviews. I'm not sure if I'm stuck with it or not since I booked through and on line TA. I'll have to look into it.

Or, I may just leave it. We wear ear plugs anyway.

I actually booked room 1301 for May 28. That was before I knew about this board and the ability to see room reviews. I'm not sure if I'm stuck with it or not since I booked through and on line TA. I'll have to look into it.

Or, I may just leave it. We wear ear plugs anyway.

I'm sure it's not a terrible room, I believe it was actually rooms close by that one that I found the reviews on saying it was just over the crew area and they could hear them being loud below. I'm super picky about noise when I sleep so I was trying to choose a room specifically based on that.

I'm sure it's not a terrible room, I believe it was actually rooms close by that one that I found the reviews on saying it was just over the crew area and they could hear them being loud below. I'm super picky about noise when I sleep so I was trying to choose a room specifically based on that.

Yeah. It's not a deal breaker. There are good reviews to regarding this section of the ship. Like I said, we have ear plugs and we'll be on a CRUISE!!!!! :)