Bayamo or more Food Republic?

Sammae

Ok. I'm having second thoughts about our Bayamo reservation. We used one of our UDP credits to book it and paid the up charge. We plan to eat at Food Republic anyways, but would this money be better spent on MORE Food Republic and we'd just book a regular restaurant with our credit?

Opinions very much needed. Food is my Favourite part of the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More Food Republic! We ate there 3 times, sharing about 4 dishes each time, and we still didn't get to try all we wanted to try. It's a very large menu of unique items, well worth the money. It's by far the best food I've ever had on a cruise ship.

My honest appraisal?

They are both worth it! Don't bother with the ribeye at Food Republic, though. It comes cut up and gets cold fast. We ate at Food Republic four times, Bayamo once, and Pincho Tapas Bar twice. We didn't have a dining package, so those are the only specialties we went to. Have tried all the others on other NCL ships.

One could eat and Pincho and Food Republic often, never trying Bayamo, and leave the cruise very happy.

But, I'm glad we ate at all three. Bayamo was one of the best prawn dishes I've ever had and the carpaccio was delicious and interesting. Someone mentioned there have been tweaks since opening, so maybe we benefited from that (we were on the 1/9 sailing). One of the assistant servers said something about the prawns being "okay before, but now they change and add tequila and it's perfect...." so that could be the case. Ironically, I don't like tequila as a beverage.

You'll be happy no matter what. But if you won't get to the Escape again, consider trying Bayamo!

My honest appraisal?

They are both worth it! Don't bother with the ribeye at Food Republic, though. It comes cut up and gets cold fast. We ate at Food Republic four times, Bayamo once, and Pincho Tapas Bar twice. We didn't have a dining package, so those are the only specialties we went to. Have tried all the others on other NCL ships.

One could eat and Pincho and Food Republic often, never trying Bayamo, and leave the cruise very happy.

But, I'm glad we ate at all three. Bayamo was one of the best prawn dishes I've ever had and the carpaccio was delicious and interesting. Someone mentioned there have been tweaks since opening, so maybe we benefited from that (we were on the 1/9 sailing). One of the assistant servers said something about the prawns being "okay before, but now they change and add tequila and it's perfect...." so that could be the case. Ironically, I don't like tequila as a beverage.

You'll be happy no matter what. But if you won't get to the Escape again, consider trying Bayamo!

Thank you! I appreciate the honest opinion!

Just my opinion: we sailed 12/10/15

Skip Bayamo and hit Food Republic as many times as you can and as your wallet will allow! It is that good as previous posters have stated.

We also regret not going there early enough in the cruise although I had the UDP so used that for the usual Cagney's, LeBistro which were excellent again.

Between those 3 restaurants I could dine there all week on a 7 day cruise:D

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Cancelled my Bayamo last night for the same reason.

I might've had a bad night but Bayamo started off with a great salad and then I got my only almost inedible entree on the cruise (lobster dish) and meh milojas dessert.

food republic was fantastic - coconut lovers can't miss their coconut dessert