Breakaway Newbie

Lollygil

Please help! I just booked for May on the Breakaway. I have never been on a ship this big and I need all the help and tips! I had everything down pat on the smaller ships. Now I need help especially with prebooking for shows and restaurants.

Please help! I just booked for May on the Breakaway. I have never been on a ship this big and I need all the help and tips! I had everything down pat on the smaller ships. Now I need help especially with prebooking for shows and restaurants.

90 days out you can book I'll be boarding on Sunday !

Hi, Lollygil. We were on the Breakaway 11/30-12/11/15 and had the same concerns as you prior to sailing. Even though the ship is HUGE and holds around 4000 passengers, Embarkation was very smooth. They do a great job with crowd control. We chose a time of 10-10:30AM and ran into only light lines. I think it really starts to pick up after 11AM, so if you wish a seat in their lounge, I would suggest getting there on the earlier side, or arrive after 1PM. with the later arrival, you might even walk right on board and skip the lounge. The ship was definitely built to accommodate the number of passengers so, although it felt crowded at certain times, I never felt it was more crowded than smaller ships. As for dining and excursion ressies, you can do them online. They usually show up sometime after final payment is made. Definitely make reservations ahead for Specialty Restaurants, but you can go to the included restaurants at any time. It is always first come, first served for the regular restaurants, even if you do make a reservation. The Specialty restaurants are a different story. They might be able to squeeze you in without a reservation, but often may not. Of the regular dining rooms, The Manhattan room opens for dinner at 5P, although if you make a ressie online, the earliest is usually 5:30P. Taste and Savor open at 5:30P for seating. I made shore excursions online but switched to another that sold out online once on board. Both the Excursion desk and restaurant reservation desk are located on deck 6. You can also book onboard by touch screens near many of the elevators. I would also recommend you booking your entertainment online ahead of time. Shows get sold out. If you don't, there is a box office I believe on deck 7 forward where you can also book you entertainment. Have fun!

Edited by 2spring

My family will be on the same cruise and it's our first time on this ship! There is a roll call you can join and has other people who will be in that cruise with us. I am so excited and can't wait! I will be trading the tips along with you, need all the info I can get too!