Rooms on Sunshine directly under the gym?

SportsMomof4

I want to book a room on the Sunshine on lido. The only 3 rooms are directly under the gym. If you've been under the gym, was there any noise early in the am? I am a very light sleeper so if so, I'll change decks (although I really don't want to lol :rolleyes:)

I don't know about the Sunshine, but we were in a room directly under the gym on the Conquest and had no problems at all. There was a sound we heard, but it was quite and only heard it if someone was on the treadmill. It took several days before we figured out the sound. I just thought it was a noise from the ships engines. Not at all bothersome.

I want to book a room on the Sunshine on lido. The only 3 rooms are directly under the gym. If you've been under the gym, was there any noise early in the am? I am a very light sleeper so if so, I'll change decks (although I really don't want to lol :rolleyes:)

Don't do it because you will regret it.

Can't speak from experience, but I wouldn't expect a ton of noise in your cabin. Although Carnival has great gyms, they aren't like those on land who blast music all day and have free weight sections where people would be doing deadlifts and slamming 300lbs+ of weight on your ceiling lol.

We had a room on Elation under the gym, went to guest services the first morning and they moved us. It was absolutely horrible. They first told us the ship was full, but after pushing the issue a cabin suddenly opened up! The entire ceiling shook, I asked our steward and he said people move from those rooms all of the time.

Good thing you moved. We were assigned Cabin 9145- I was happy to be on Lido- until the 1st night. Noise from the gym weights directly above could be heard until 3 AM. WHAM! BAM! Shook the ceiling. Like Godzilla was nearby... Terrible. We could hear it almost as soon as we arrived but figured it would be quiet when the gym closed. But no- Guest Services said the Crew uses the gym all night long. I didn't want to make a fuss- after all, it WAS a 'guaranteed' cabin assignment. But Guest Services OFFERED to move us when I mentioned we were in Cabin 9145. But I wouldn't expect that again.

Was under the gym on the Ecstasy - never again - the pounding started at 6 am over our heads (treadmills?) and continued thru most of the day - yes we got some 'compensation' but would have preferred quieter cabin and more sleep!!!

• 2 months later...

We were in 9126 on Sunshine last week and the cabins all the way to the front like ours are not under the gym. There is nothing above those panoramic cabins and they are quiet. However, a friend had 9134 and mentioned they could hear the treadmills. On the starboard side, that's where the free weights are, so I would imagine that would be worse. At least the treadmills are rhythmic. :)

We were in 9126 on Sunshine last week and the cabins all the way to the front like ours are not under the gym. There is nothing above those panoramic cabins and they are quiet. However, a friend had 9134 and mentioned they could hear the treadmills. On the starboard side, that's where the free weights are, so I would imagine that would be worse. At least the treadmills are rhythmic. :)

Thank you for posting that. We are booked in 9126 for our cruise in July. That was my only concern.

Also, I forgot to mention, it went on all night as the crew were using the gym after hours! I am not a light sleeper but that didn't matter, no one was sleeping through that!

We had room 11224 on the Dream last year and it was the absolute most HORRIBLE room ever! It was directly under the gym where the weight machines were. We were also told that once the gym closes at night, it's available for the employees to use. The pounding noise lasted all day & night!! The first night we got no sleep. We went down to guest services a few times and they said there was one room empty on the entire ship due to someone not showing up. They moved us to deck 7 and it was wonderful! I'm so thankful that one room was available. I would suggest looking for another room if you can. I'd hate for you to have to go through our situation. I hope your cruise will be a great one for you!!

don't know from experience either, but I do know that the gym isn't open 24 hours. So even if there was some "sounds" throughout the day, you wouldn't have to worry about any sounds at night (when it matters the most).

Wrong! As others have mentioned, the crew get access to the gym whenever it's closed and boy do they use it. We were on Sunshine one year ago in an inside forward Lido cabin. I sleep like the dead but the heavy bangs woke my wife several times. On one occasion she went up to investigate and asked if they could help her sleep by watching the weights. That helped that night only.

If you're a light sleeper I would stay away.

We were in 9145