Escape - Live 1/30

TheDougOut

72b0f984bbb35540dfeb75018a49bfe4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you look closely, I think it says Tug on the Celebrity boat.

Thanks for the drink menu. I am sure you are correct that the menu is out there somewhere, but this review has become the Unofficial Travel Guide for many of us. Now we have almost everything we need in one place.

Thanks!

Thanks for the drink menu (et al)... this review has become the Unofficial Travel Guide for many of us. Now we have almost everything we need in one place.

Thanks!

Following Doug's adventures has helped me get through a week of work after a foot of snow here in the Denver metro. Looking forward to booking for July 2017 if they ever release those itineraries.

Doug, found your thread today and managed to get caught up while having a slow day at work. Really loving every single minute of your live week's report.

Having not sailed NCL except for a 2 night travel agent sailing in the middle of December a few years ago, I've always wanted to give it a try, but my kids' love of flowriders and rising NCL prices have kept me away. Now that my oldest is leaving for college this fall, and my younger one goes to his father every other year for vacation, my mom and I might manage to get something booked.

You've made this review an all time favorite. Absolutely one of the best I've ever read.

Noticed that you posted a picture of a price comparison from 1966 to today...did a value of the dollar check and at $95 in 1966, the price today would be $706.59. So at $695, NCL is still a great value.

Looking forward to your last day's report. Safe travels home.

Edited by njmomof2

NCL showing constant pride in their new toy.

536c2ef064f9ef67228e6bcf92551833.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Doug, you'd burn through that yacht in minutes. No fun at all. A week's charter on the Laurel costs $525,000 plus expenses. That would be a lot of vodka and Red Bulls. Not to mention all the fun that you have provided us this past week, which is priceless. You could crash the Haven for much less. http://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-22905/laurel.htm

What's up with all the shoes in the basket, is this some new version of a "key party"?;) It would have been fun to sit down and try on a few of the shoes to see if any fit. I never would, but the idea alone seems classic.

Doug,

Thanks for the review I found myself thinking about what you guys were doing throughout the day. Hopefully you can take us on another cruise soon..

Great job! One question....no one at NCL seems to be able to answer and you might be the guy for the job. We got "downgraded" to a mini suite as someone needs all the Haven rooms...my hubby needs a mobility scooter.....is the mini suite going to have room for us to park it out of the way and walk around it? Photo of your room looked like it would be very, very tight to park the scooter and get around it in the room.

Great job! One question....no one at NCL seems to be able to answer and you might be the guy for the job. We got "downgraded" to a mini suite as someone needs all the Haven rooms...my hubby needs a mobility scooter.....is the mini suite going to have room for us to park it out of the way and walk around it? Photo of your room looked like it would be very, very tight to park the scooter and get around it in the room.

I have stayed in a mini-suite on the Breakaway (which has very similar stateroom layouts to the Escape). I would agree with you that it would be very tight to park a scooter inside the stateroom.

I have stayed in a mini-suite on the Breakaway (which has very similar stateroom layouts to the Escape). I would agree with you that it would be very tight to park a scooter inside the stateroom.

On Escape unless your mini suite is an accessible cabin you will not have room inside the stateroom to move around with the scooter inside

I don't think you're giving your dad enough credit - he looks quite pleased to be in the presence of such a happy couple...

Oh, guys! You have me dying laughing here! I'm sitting at my receptionist desk in the very empty law firm where I work, while everyone from the office is in the French Quarter already Mardi Gras-ing it up! Well at least your posts have made my time this afternoon quite enjoyable! Thanks Again!

I found the following here: http://www.cruiseshipdeckplan.com/ncl-norwegian-escape/ Perhaps you could inquire if any of these cabins are available.

Follows the complete list of the Escape cruise ship cabins for disabled passengers.

•H5-Courtyard Penthouses (rooms 17126, 18126)

•H7-Penthouse (room 13106)

•M1-MC-Mini-Suites (rooms 10290, 10318, 10890, 10918)

•B1-BD-BF-Balcony (rooms 9924, 10286, 10886, 11918, 12282, 12286, 12882, 12882, 12912, 13912, 14278, 14282, 14878, 14882, 14906, 15886)

•O2-OB Oceanview (rooms 5106, 5108, 5138, 5140, 5706, 5708, 5738, 5740), with room sizes of handicap categories OA (320 ft2 / 30) and O1 (545 ft2 / 51 m2).

•I2-IA-IB-IC-Interior (rooms 5106, 5108, 5138, 5140, 5706, 5708, 5738, 5740). Inside handicap rooms size is 225 ft2 / 21 m2.

All these staterooms feature wider entry doors and location close to the ship’s lifts.

Doug, you'd burn through that yacht in minutes. No fun at all. A week's charter on the Laurel costs $525,000 plus expenses. That would be a lot of vodka and Red Bulls. Not to mention all the fun that you have provided us this past week, which is priceless. You could crash the Haven for much less. http://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-22905/laurel.htm

What's up with all the shoes in the basket, is this some new version of a "key party"?;) It would have been fun to sit down and try on a few of the shoes to see if any fit. I never would, but the idea alone seems classic.

There's got to be 10 pairs of shoes there, it's a bargain at only $52,500.00 each for the week.