"Pull!"

• 1 month later...

I think pollution issues might have something to do with it as well. Not many cruiselines these days could get away with actively promoting shooting something off the side of the ship, even if it was blasted into tiny little pieces.

I think pollution issues might have something to do with it as well. Not many cruiselines these days could get away with actively promoting shooting something off the side of the ship, even if it was blasted into tiny little pieces.

Most of the time they were not blasted into little pieces... at least when I was shooting. I think the clay pigeons were also considered pollution. They now even warn people not to throw cig butts over the side.:eek:

Whatever happened to skeet shooting off the rear deck? I'm guessing the shot pellets are not environmentally-friendly, and that was that. Anyone know for sure?

Pellets and clay pidgeons would be considered not environmentally friendly.

Also most ships today have balconies and cabin decks all around the ship including aft cabins.

You would probably be shooting out over somebody's cabin balcony.:D

My husband and my brother would get a big kick out of putting on their tuxes and showing up for skeet shooting in them....it would freak everyone out, and folks would be rechecking the daily activity sheet to see if they missed the dress code instructions.

Off to go hunt down those photos of those boys in tuxes with rifles in their hands.....

Archived