Do the Atrium View Staterooms...

Have a window seat that looks out over the promenade? I think we are booking one of those for the Explorer cruise next Dec. 3 and I'm planning on having a "Caroline's Treat" party in there to watch the parade... so wondering if it's a window seat or bed right by the window.?????

Last year on Mariner we could see people sitting in their window watching but no doors open when we were walking by on deck 8 to spy in while stewards were cleaning...

Hi, We had one on Voyager and loved it. It actually has a nice window seat plus a small sofa beside it and coffee table so it makes a very nice sitting area. We loved it. This is my husband favorite cabin.........

Just off the Mariner and had the same stateroom as last yr., 8611, just around the corner from Internet area & elevators. Deck 8 has bowed out windows and you have to lean into them to see the lower decks. Maybe not w/decks 6 & 7. Really need to be lower & more forward, pref. across from the PR 24/7 cafe to people/parade watch. This time we were so busy [& tired from excursions on Eastern itenerary] we had the curtains closed most of the time but still like the more open feel of the rm. I love it but DH likes the OV to see the water! Ck. w/your TA about location on the Explorer. May be totally different there.

We've been home only 3 hours and here I am on this site already. Just can't let it all go so quickly! How I envy all who are still looking forward instead of backward. [Yes, we did book another one on board but that's a yr. away..at this time!] :D

We jsut returned from the Explorer today! We had an atrium view room. We have had one before and we love them. Yes you can see the parades etc from the room, no they are not considered a balacony room, I think that they are just alittle more than an inside room, but I do know that the price of them have gone up as more people like and are booking them. Yes it does have a fridge but like others have said that it does not get very cold. We were on deck 8. We will book one of these rooms again and again!

We love the promanade view rooms, had one on the Voyager. It was great for people watching and it seemed like there was always something going on outside whenever we looked out the window. Much more fun than a regular balcony. Be aware that if you can see things so can other people see you.;) Close your drapes if you want privacy. They are usually priced lower than an outside room and higher than an inside room.

If I'm not mistaken (don't have it here) the rate for atrium view was only about 50 more than a regular inside so much much less than balcony (those were group rates so may be slightly diff. than "regular" rates)> I like balconies when it's going to be hot out and there are a lot of sea days because when the sun isn't in your face it's a cooler place to read etc.. but in December with 4 port days..and gettin' dark so early.. atrium-view sounds perfect

We've been in a suite, balconies, inside and recently a promenade. After tasting them all we're hooked on the promenade for the value. We don't spend too much time in the room and while the balcony was nice, we rarely used it. Give it a try, you might like them!

We have 2 connecting promenade rooms booked for Nov. 26 NOS cruise, one room for me and DH and the other for the kids. We're on deck 7, we read that sometimes you can hear noise from the shops in the cabins on deck 6.

We had a balcony once before, and we thought the promenade cabins would feel a little more 'open' since they had a big 'window'.

Archived