Not a fan

sports addict

We will have the new menu for the first time next month, won't bother us.I have found that it is almost impossible to starve to death on a cruise ship. and why are there so many people now a days with allergies and can't eat this or that, sure does keep the doctors in business.

Does anyone know when it'll be on the Sunshine?

John heald just announced today- "The next two ships to receive the American Table menus will be the Carnival Miracle and Carnival Sunshine both on March 5th

cheers"

So it'll be getting it very soon! [emoji16]

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know where I can get a copy of the current 7 day eastern menus? TIA!

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/AT_AF/glory/eastern/gloryEastern.htm

Found this website where there's a menu for Glory's eastern Caribbean Menu! I don't know what specific ship you're looking for, but here's an example. I find his website very helpful! Lots of different cruise menus on there for various ships. :)

I will be sailing on my first ever carnival cruise in March aboard the Glory, and we paid a lot of money for this trip since we have to fly all the way from California. After reading all the negative reviews of the new menus, I am very nervous for the food. I'm not a very picky eater, but still nervous, especially for my family members. We sailed on Princess last year, and some of the members in my group, it'll be their first cruise and I really want them to fall in love with cruising like I did!

I know the food isn't going to be nowhere like it was on my Princess cruise, but I'm still going to give the menu a chance, still very nervous Lol!

Think about the total number of cruisers that sail on the Carnival ships that serve the American Table and Feast menus on any given week. Then think about the number of people who have complained about the food here on Cruise Critic. Then calculate the percent of total who are complaining. I have eaten this menu on my last 4 cruises, and I really find it unbelievable that there are people who "could not find something to eat". I understand there might be issues for people who have "food issues", but they would have issues wherever they go to eat, unless they would go to eating establishments that exclusively cater to their particular food issues.

To make a statement like you did, "I know the food isn't going to be nowhere like it was on my Princess cruise", tells me that you will come back with some interesting comments. Having never sailed on Carnival, how could you possibly know that? Keep an open mind. You will be very surprised. I laugh when I hear people claim that they would rather eat at the buffet in the evening than in the MDR. That alone should tell you something about how "fine tuned" their pallets really are.

Think about the total number of cruisers that sail on the Carnival ships that serve the American Table and Feast menus on any given week. Then think about the number of people who have complained about the food here on Cruise Critic. Then calculate the percent of total who are complaining. I have eaten this menu on my last 4 cruises, and I really find it unbelievable that there are people who "could not find something to eat". I understand there might be issues for people who have "food issues", but they would have issues wherever they go to eat, unless they would go to eating establishments that exclusively cater to their particular food issues.

To make a statement like you did, "I know the food isn't going to be nowhere like it was on my Princess cruise", tells me that you will come back with some interesting comments. Having never sailed on Carnival, how could you possibly know that? Keep an open mind. You will be very surprised. I laugh when I hear people claim that they would rather eat at the buffet in the evening than in the MDR. That alone should tell you something about how "fine tuned" their pallets really are.

You are very right! I've heard such negative comments, but I am going onboard with an open mind, I'm sure the food is great! And I can't wait to try it for myself and report back to everyone. I'm actually very excited to try Carnival's American Table concept. We can't let what others say change what we think. Everyone has different tastes and is used to different food. I'm not very picky with food, as long as it's food and tastes good to me, I'm happy. :)

I actually found the food on Princess to be either really, really good or really, really bad. But that's all subjective. There was no middle ground for me. I haven't tried the new menus yet and would like to try them some day. As for the old menus on CCL most of the time the food good, sometimes it was really good, and sometimes I didn't like it and asked for something else. But that is what I would expect for the price I paid.

Edited by Warm Breezes