Crown and Anchor Point Question

djjoe

Last week the Grandeur and Anthem were both delayed by one day returning to port. This was due to the blizzard on the east coast. Do passengers receive an extra point for the day at sea extension of their cruise?

I believe unless the extra day onboard is being paid for by the passenger you don't get credit for them. It would be similar to getting an upgrade to a suite which gets double credits if paid for and not if complimentary.

I know those on the current delayed sailing of those ships do get credit for the day missed but that's what they booked or paid for even though they are getting compensation for the one day lost.

Edited by robtulipe

No, we did not receive an extra point on Anthem's 10 nighter that was changed to 11 nights on their 1-15-16 sailing.

We were also on a 10 night Explorer sailing that was cut short to 8 nights due to the Noro virus and received points for 10 nights and not for 8 nights.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

No, we did not receive an extra point on Anthem's 10 nighter that was changed to 11 nights on their 1-15-16 sailing.

We were also on a 10 night Explorer sailing that was cut short to 8 nights due to the Noro virus and received points for 10 nights and not for 8 nights.

I am glad to hear the points were rewarded as booked and not as they actually played out.

Bummer you had a 10 night cruise cut down to 8 - but then again I bet you were happy to get off the ship if everyone was sick!