Why is only my name on sea pass, I'm paying for 4 passengers ?

kmw350

Hi,

I am printing my sea passes for myself and my wife, plus my parents.

I am using my credit card to cover all charges.

When I printed my sea pass, it only lists my name, not the other three. Is this correct?

Also, the sea passes for the other three, mention a cash account, which is not right. Is this normal?

Thanks

:)

Hi,

I am printing my sea passes for myself and my wife, plus my parents.

I am using my credit card to cover all charges.

When I printed my sea pass, it only lists my name, not the other three. Is this correct?

Also, the sea passes for the other three, mention a cash account, which is not right. Is this normal?

Thanks

:)

It all depends on how you filled out your online check-in.

If you and you parents are in separate staterooms, then there should be at least one SetSail pass for each stateroom.

If you accept the charges and the cruise contract for your wife, then you should both be listed on the same SetSail pass.

It all depends on how you filled out your online check-in.

If you and you parents are in separate staterooms, then there should be at least one SetSail pass for each stateroom.

If you accept the charges and the cruise contract for your wife, then you should both be listed on the same SetSail pass.

Thanks, that's why I am confused.

I booked two staterooms, so I have two separate reservations listed online.

As I filled in my check in process, I elected to pay for all four passengers.

On completion, I am told to print the set sail pass. I did this, and it contains ONLY my name in the box below the bar code.

Lower down, in the expense account section, it does list all four passengers, but only asks for my signature.

Then, when I printed the other set sail passes, they too, have ONLY their own name under the bar code, and in the expenses section, it says 'cash'.

Do you think then, that this is wrong?

Thanks for answering

It's not a big deal. When you check in at the port have the agent make sure all 4 are linked under the 1 cc and you will be good to go. You might have to sign a new form.

Maybe you all were not linked when you booked

Thanks, that's why I am confused.

I booked two staterooms, so I have two separate reservations listed online.

As I filled in my check in process, I elected to pay for all four passengers.

On completion, I am told to print the set sail pass. I did this, and it contains ONLY my name in the box below the bar code.

Lower down, in the expense account section, it does list all four passengers, but only asks for my signature.

Then, when I printed the other set sail passes, they too, have ONLY their own name under the bar code, and in the expenses section, it says 'cash'.

Do you think then, that this is wrong?

Thanks for answering

What you describe is a different appearance than my SetSail pass.

I have a boxed section in the upper left with only my name as the Primary Pass Holder. Barcode is to the right of this section.

Under that box and barcode, I have two long rectangular boxes with my name and my wife's name and our C&A level to the right of our names.

I also see both of our names in the Onboard Expense Account section.

I'm wondering if you are booked under US/Canadian rules?

It could be that the others have a SetSail because they need to sign the legal agreement themselves.

It's not a big deal. When you check in at the port have the agent make sure all 4 are linked under the 1 cc and you will be good to go. You might have to sign a new form.

Maybe you all were not linked when you booked

Thanks for that setsail, the reservations are definitely linked as far as I can tell, it's just that I searched the forum and saw that all four names should be listed below the barcode. It definitely says lower down I am paying for all guests, so that part is ok.

I will print out all four, and do as you suggest, confirm it at the pier. I just wanted it to print out correctly as it is supposed to speed up the boarding process, once again, I'm a bit disappointed in the website and online processes.

Edited by kmw350

What you describe is a different appearance than my SetSail pass.

I have a boxed section in the upper left with only my name as the Primary Pass Holder. Barcode is to the right of this section.

Under that box and barcode, I have two long rectangular boxes with my name and my wife's name and our C&A level to the right of our names.

I also see both of our names in the Onboard Expense Account section.

I'm wondering if you are booked under US/Canadian rules?

It could be that the others have a SetSail because they need to sign the legal agreement themselves.

I have the boxed section with only my name, barcode to the right.

Under the box & barcode I have one long box, with just my name (C&A not shown).

Then all 4 names are shown correctly in the expense section.

Maybe you are right about the legal agreement, as I am in UK. But it appears on their set sail passes, as 'cash account', which does not seem right.

I will email RCI direct and ask them to check, but I appreciate your replies.

I would call the royal rep and ask them about it. It dont sound right. I printed my sea pass and my dad, we both got our name on it each separate paper. Did you click on your name and print, then go back and click on another name then print?

Edited by pjnj40

I have the boxed section with only my name, barcode to the right.

Under the box & barcode I have one long box, with just my name (C&A not shown).

Then all 4 names are shown correctly in the expense section.

Maybe you are right about the legal agreement, as I am in UK. But it appears on their set sail passes, as 'cash account', which does not seem right.

I will email RCI direct and ask them to check, but I appreciate your replies.

It's my guess that the website is not programmed properly to show the other guests as being linked to you for expenses. You are probably set up fine, but it won't hurt to call. As has been mentioned, you can confirm/change the onboard expense allocation at check-in or Guest Services.

I believe everyone will still get a separate SetSail pass because of differing laws that preclude you signing the cruise agreement on behalf of others.

Edited by clarea

It IS alarming when you first look at it. I booked the cruise for myself and husband. I paid for the cruise. The sea pass had HIS name on it and I had to search for mine. He is listed as the primary passenger. Talk about discrimination. It's all good. You will be ok.

I believe this is a UK issue. I had mine too as cash account even though the second passenger is linked to my cc. It's not a problem, if it is indeed incorrect all can be sorted at the pier.

Thanks everyone, I've sent a quick email off to RCI to clarify it, but as you say, I can always put it right once I am there if it is incorrect.

I think clarea is probably right, it may be a requirement for all signatures, so I'll take all four print outs with us.

Setsail passes for our upcoming Explorer cruise (out of Australia and yes we are Aussies) is the same as that described by the OP. My setsail pass has my name, then both mine and DW on the card payment section. My DW setsail pass has her name and the cash account section. The same happened last year for our Radiance cruise. I just cross out the cash section on DW setsail pass, sign mine, she signs her's then at Check In we just confirm all is connected to the one CC and we're good to go.

Setsail passes for our upcoming Explorer cruise (out of Australia and yes we are Aussies) is the same as that described by the OP. My setsail pass has my name, then both mine and DW on the card payment section. My DW setsail pass has her name and the cash account section. The same happened last year for our Radiance cruise. I just cross out the cash section on DW setsail pass, sign mine, she signs her's then at Check In we just confirm all is connected to the one CC and we're good to go.

Many thanks tangogulf, that's good to know.

Just to confirm, I emailed RCI over the weekend, and was very surprised to get a phone call from a very helpful RCI rep today. She confirmed that it is fine, my setsail pass lists all 4 passengers in the expense section, and only my name at the top; the other three setsail passes say 'cash' in their expense section, but it is just a peculiarity / error in the site - I should take all four passes, all details will be confirmed at the pier and can be corrected if necessary.

I was impressed to get a call.

Edited by kmw350

Just to confirm, I emailed RCI over the weekend, and was very surprised to get a phone call from a very helpful RCI rep today. She confirmed that it is fine, my setsail pass lists all 4 passengers in the expense section, and only my name at the top; the other three setsail passes say 'cash' in their expense section, but it is just a peculiarity / error in the site - I should take all four passes, all details will be confirmed at the pier and can be corrected if necessary.

I was impressed to get a call.

Thanks for reporting back, it will help others with the same question.

Edited by clarea